XFileSharing Pro - New FileHost Servers Specs! - Page 2

inspired32

thanks

#16 Postby inspired32 » Jun 26, 2012 9:31 pm

How many seasons you think a file server with 2GB DDR2 can handle ?

superbia

#17 Postby superbia » Aug 28, 2012 10:29 pm

benp87 wrote:Hey, Kimusfi servers are from France. my website is getting about 10000 visitors a day and I'm still using a share hosting for my main website, by the way my website loads in less then a second for me, and I have 100 ping when I ping my website, it didn't change since I started it.

What I do recommend is to start with Kimsufi 2G, and when your server is starting to run out of space or the bandwidth is on maximum (100Mbit), buy another Kimsufi 2G, and distribute the bandwidth to there also.
Do this until you can't handle a 100Mbit server, this is when you buy a good dedicated server with 1Gbit port, and transfer there the high bandwidth files.
I like your suggestion. There is no point in getting a dedicated server in the first month itself

superbia

kimsulfi server

#18 Postby superbia » Sep 03, 2012 12:31 pm

can anyone recommend Kimsulfi 2g server provider?

bhanuprasad1981

#19 Postby bhanuprasad1981 » Sep 04, 2012 4:26 am

are you sure a celeron with 2gb ram , 1TB HDD 5400rpm will work for you ?
contact me.

iceoptimist

#20 Postby iceoptimist » Sep 04, 2012 6:33 am

Hey Bhanu, could you provide me your email id or something for contacting? Thanks

bhanuprasad1981

#21 Postby bhanuprasad1981 » Sep 04, 2012 1:27 pm

check my profile

superbia

#22 Postby superbia » Sep 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Can somebody pls recommend a kumsulfi provider who allows file sharing? Dedifrance/ovh?
I am unable to find a single post recomending who to start with when staetung a new site?

ufkabakan

#23 Postby ufkabakan » Sep 05, 2012 10:48 pm

OVH have cheap price, unmetered ports and overloaded network with mostly cheap hardwares.

Another info OVH have DMCA rules and if a DMCA agent report a file on hostest OVH servers, OVH can suspend this server, some time all server from same buyers.

This is my 4 years experience with OVH

But still OVH is a good alternative for simple, not populer filehosters.

My advice:
* Holland based DataCenters Leaseweb, ID3, Ecatel etc
* Canada - yesuphost etc.
* OVH

superbia

#24 Postby superbia » Sep 06, 2012 11:07 am

ufkabakan wrote:OVH have cheap price, unmetered ports and overloaded network with mostly cheap hardwares.

Another info OVH have DMCA rules and if a DMCA agent report a file on hostest OVH servers, OVH can suspend this server, some time all server from same buyers.

This is my 4 years experience with OVH

But still OVH is a good alternative for simple, not populer filehosters.

My advice:
* Holland based DataCenters Leaseweb, ID3, Ecatel etc
* Canada - yesuphost etc.
* OVH
thanks a lot, it helped a lot.

PowerChaos

#25 Postby PowerChaos » Sep 10, 2012 11:36 pm

as i am to lazy to read the complete posts i can only suggest 2 things

stay away from the following providers
  • Burst.net
  • Burst.eu
  • Kimsufi.xxx (.nl, .fr ...)
  • isgenoeg.nl (also kimsufi o.O )
  • OVH in general (including kimsufi)
Reason ?
i dealt with them before

burst kicked me after 9 months because abusing there servers ... i was running a proxy on it for 9 months with there permission and suddenly there network start to break down to 1mbit ...a proxy with 1.5 mill visitors and that speed is deadly (and they still own me 2TB of traffic , got a limit of 4TB and after 2TB use i that 1mbit limit for 1 month and then cliaming that proxy's are not allowed ...) and definaly if the vps nodes start to fail to on network speed at the same time ..

now for OVH

i was having there a vps system (differend main nodes used to place vps servers on ) but got kicked by them ( all my servers i was having there ... )

everything runs fine for a couple of months , great speed/quaity until a certain points that there own Virtual mac ( thats what they use , vitual macs to be able to assign ip's to vps servers -> nice system until it fails)

The vmac was generting a intern DDOS attack and they just kick all my servers ... , they claim it was not there system when with enouf proof provided that it was the virtual system that was failing

in short to reproduce the error i showed them that the ddos starts after i generate a vmac , if i remove the vmac then its fine ... no ip need to be assigned only the vmac and started again -> thats there system and not a DDOS attack)

so now you know the story , so if you choose 1 of them then i wish you good luck but i woulnd recommerd them as you probaly will regret it as soon you get a fair amount of traffic

Greetings From PowerCHaos

superbia

#26 Postby superbia » Sep 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Thx for the nice reply.
The problem is that there are not too many cheap options for dedi servers for someone just starting out. Wirh file sharing sites facing payment issues, it makes no sense for someone starting out to spend over 1k for script, mods, servers etc.
PowerChaos wrote:as i am to lazy to read the complete posts i can only suggest 2 things

stay away from the following providers
  • Burst.net
  • Burst.eu
  • Kimsufi.xxx (.nl, .fr ...)
  • isgenoeg.nl (also kimsufi o.O )
  • OVH in general (including kimsufi)
Reason ?
i dealt with them before

burst kicked me after 9 months because abusing there servers ... i was running a proxy on it for 9 months with there permission and suddenly there network start to break down to 1mbit ...a proxy with 1.5 mill visitors and that speed is deadly (and they still own me 2TB of traffic , got a limit of 4TB and after 2TB use i that 1mbit limit for 1 month and then cliaming that proxy's are not allowed ...) and definaly if the vps nodes start to fail to on network speed at the same time ..

now for OVH

i was having there a vps system (differend main nodes used to place vps servers on ) but got kicked by them ( all my servers i was having there ... )

everything runs fine for a couple of months , great speed/quaity until a certain points that there own Virtual mac ( thats what they use , vitual macs to be able to assign ip's to vps servers -> nice system until it fails)

The vmac was generting a intern DDOS attack and they just kick all my servers ... , they claim it was not there system when with enouf proof provided that it was the virtual system that was failing

in short to reproduce the error i showed them that the ddos starts after i generate a vmac , if i remove the vmac then its fine ... no ip need to be assigned only the vmac and started again -> thats there system and not a DDOS attack)

so now you know the story , so if you choose 1 of them then i wish you good luck but i woulnd recommerd them as you probaly will regret it as soon you get a fair amount of traffic

Greetings From PowerCHaos