XFileSharing Pro - How can I modify some pages easily including home page

superbia

How can I modify some pages easily including home page

#1 Postby superbia » Jan 26, 2013 11:19 pm

I am familiar with editing of html pages and was hoping that I will be easily able to modify the pages etc. but it does not seem to be so. For example when I change the page colour of the tos.html and re-upload it, the colour does not change.
Same problem with upload_form.html, nothing is changing. Also it is very difficult to use frontpage on these pages, should I be using some other application?
Or Do I need to make some changes in css or at main.html?
Can anyone please advise?
Thanks

komi

#2 Postby komi » Jan 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Editing XFS's templates is easy. It is similar to Smarty and Dwoo.

You do not need any special software (not to mention that Frontpage is extremely outdated).

You should learn proper HTML and CSS first; both are very easy to master. Then any text editor will do.

If the latter is not an option, consider hiring someone who has the required knowledge.

superbia

#3 Postby superbia » Jan 27, 2013 6:20 pm

komi wrote:Editing XFS's templates is easy. It is similar to Smarty and Dwoo.

You do not need any special software (not to mention that Frontpage is extremely outdated).

You should learn proper HTML and CSS first; both are very easy to master. Then any text editor will do.

If the latter is not an option, consider hiring someone who has the required knowledge.
Thanks Komi for replying. I am quite familiar with frontpage html editing but looks in this case we can not edit each page that easily.
For example even when I change page colour of tos.html and reuplaod it, the colour does not change. I was finally able to get around it by changing the colour in main.css which of course changes colour of all pages.
I mainly want to change the layout of upload_form.html page by adding a bar at the top and moving some items to the bottom but cant figure out how to go for it.
Has anyone any idea?

RockDiz

#4 Postby RockDiz » Jan 29, 2013 2:21 am

superbia wrote:

Thanks Komi for replying. I am quite familiar with frontpage html editing but looks in this case we can not edit each page that easily.
For example even when I change page colour of tos.html and reuplaod it, the colour does not change. I was finally able to get around it by changing the colour in main.css which of course changes colour of all pages.
I mainly want to change the layout of upload_form.html page by adding a bar at the top and moving some items to the bottom but cant figure out how to go for it.
Has anyone any idea?
Hey Superbia,

tos.html is really just the content of what you'll see on that page. To edit the page in whole, you'll have to edit main.html which conatins the page layout.

superbia

#5 Postby superbia » Jan 29, 2013 11:47 am

RockDiz wrote:
superbia wrote:

Has anyone any idea?
Hey Superbia,

tos.html is really just the content of what you'll see on that page. To edit the page in whole, you'll have to edit main.html which conatins the page layout.
thanks a lot Rockdiz. I am now getting the hang of it.

PowerChaos

#6 Postby PowerChaos » Jan 31, 2013 12:15 am

for the place (divs ) and the color and stuff you need to edit the css file

for the location ( left / right or tables or any other html stuff) you need to edit the main.html file and then the template file

the main.html is the full footer/header
the other pages are included in the main ( as they do not contain footer/header)

if you know a bit of html ,i can suggest to use Notepad++

its just a notepad but then with code markup , so you can see a clean overvieuw of the code

Greetings From PowerChaos

superbia

#7 Postby superbia » Jan 31, 2013 8:01 pm

Thanks a lot PowerChaos. Your posts are always VERY informative. Much appreciated.
PowerChaos wrote:for the place (divs ) and the color and stuff you need to edit the css file

for the location ( left / right or tables or any other html stuff) you need to edit the main.html file and then the template file

the main.html is the full footer/header
the other pages are included in the main ( as they do not contain footer/header)

if you know a bit of html ,i can suggest to use Notepad++

its just a notepad but then with code markup , so you can see a clean overvieuw of the code

Greetings From PowerChaos

superbia

Almost there

#8 Postby superbia » Feb 06, 2013 3:13 pm

I have managed to change main page template but still having problem in changing font color on download0.html and premium.html pages.
Can some please let me know if i need to do this from main.css or at the main.html or at download0.html?
Will really appreciate aquick example. Thanks in advance.

PilgrimX182

#9 Postby PilgrimX182 » Feb 07, 2013 8:55 am

If you're using Firefox then install firebug addon and check style of required elements, it shows what part of css file used for current element. So you can find this part and change exactly what you need.

superbia

#10 Postby superbia » Feb 07, 2013 11:52 am

PilgrimX182 wrote:If you're using Firefox then install firebug addon and check style of required elements, it shows what part of css file used for current element. So you can find this part and change exactly what you need.
Awesome. I was able to modify few more elements thanks to the tip.
You guys are awesome