XFileSharing Pro - Remove ability to password protect files

syntraclick

Remove ability to password protect files

#1 Postby syntraclick » May 20, 2013 7:16 am

Is there a way we can remove the ability to add a password to uploaded files? Removing the styling that contains the info would work too. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Jesse202

#2 Postby Jesse202 » May 20, 2013 6:01 pm

I doubt it, but why would you care if they have passwords or not? You shouldn't be downloading them anyway.

syntraclick

#3 Postby syntraclick » May 21, 2013 7:46 am

Jesse202 wrote:I doubt it, but why would you care if they have passwords or not? You shouldn't be downloading them anyway.
Thank you for the helpful response. ::sigh::

You do realize that if I'm posting here, I have the ability to download any file uploaded using the script, and that there is a big box that says "Password:" with the password written right in it.

Either way, I'm not sure how any of that relates to me downloading the files and what I should and should not be doing.

For those that care, you can remove the "Password:" function by going into "file_form" template, and removing this code:

Code: Select all

<TR><TD align=right><b><TMPL_VAR lang_password></b></TD><TD><input type="text" name="file_password" value="<TMPL_VAR file_password>" size=16></TD></TR>

Jesse202

#4 Postby Jesse202 » May 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Don't be such a dick. If you were too dumb to notice, I wasn't trying to help you because I wasn't fully understanding you. Hence my follow-up question.

Any idiot could have removed that simple line of code without needing to make a thread. I thought you meant passwords on the archives.

I thought you may need to see what was inside of a archive to confirm cp or something. Anyway, thanks for being a dick. I'm sure users will jump to help you from now on.