XFileSharing Pro - index_dl.cgi High Usage

H12

index_dl.cgi High Usage

#1 Postby H12 » Aug 24, 2014 10:31 pm

I've searched the forums regarding high cpu usage and came up with a bunch of guys discussing dl.cgi using high cpu usage and getting away from it by checking "Generate Direct Links" in user limits. I've also seen guys suggesting the NGINX mod but then other people saying that it only brings down the loading on fileservers and not the main server.

My site isn't a large site by any means, I generally see about 30-40 people online according to Google Analytics.

Does anybody have some suggestions to bring this down? The website is painfully slow to load! I'm more of a PHP guy without a whole lot of experience in perl but I have a hard time seeing how 1 script can possibly eat a cpu like this, there has to be a way to optimize this (either some settings or actual script optimization).

Internet Consumer

#2 Postby Internet Consumer » Aug 25, 2014 1:59 am

Check this out.

Warning Admin!: This is your link so before removing my post look!

Link: http://support.sibsoft.net/knowledge_ba ... ticle_id=9

H12

#3 Postby H12 » Aug 25, 2014 2:24 am

I did read this, however, dl.cgi isn't the file in question as I am not generating speed limited links, I am using direct download links.

Suggested Solutions:
1) Upgrade CPU & Ram: This is a cop out if you ask me, I don't have a whole lot of users on my site, I don't see how my server shouldn't be able to handle the load of 40 users, that just seems silly when it doesn't even appear to be MySQL holding things up, it would appear its index_dl.cgi

2) Upgrade to NGINX mod. This relates to my question regarding other people commenting that this does not decrease the load on the main server, only file servers. I don't have a problem with purchasing the mod but I just want assurance it will do what's claimed as other people are claiming it doesn't help the main server.

3) Generate direct links. I am already doing this, as mentioned it is not dl.cgi that is causing this severe overloading, it's index_dl.cgi

I appreciate your reply, but I'm hoping for some additional information than the knowledge base.