XVideoSharing - Basic Tutorials/Guides for Newbies?

muqaddasshahzad

Basic Tutorials/Guides for Newbies?

#1 Postby muqaddasshahzad » Jul 13, 2016 11:11 am

I'm posting my queries here not only for the site staff but for the senior user of XVS script to answer few of my questions so that newbies could get help from this questions:

1- Can I can change my Video player from JWPlayers to any other free or paid player with sweet skins?

If yes then please guide the procedure
if not then please tell me which one is the best free option from available JWPlayers

2- How can I place my Ad-Codes to show Ads over Videos (as I'm using JWPlayer 5)

3- How and where should I place on Click Ad Codes?

4- How can I access my Database to apply some queries to get or put data from or to my DB ... as now I've upload over 300 videos and I just want to get Video Titles and Embed Codes by using any short Query or method despite I go to videos one by one for the embed code? (is it possible for the staff to put an export button on Admin Videos page where we can export videos details like embed code, title by filtering username etc in their next version or update? we that we can get embed codes easily)

5- I can see that my players is not having a static or stable Frame size its just random by following the video size after encoding ...

I'll using this script on trial and would put more questions to get knowledge and information for the others... please take some time for us ...

Regards,

muqaddasshahzad

A Tip to Get Embed Codes of all your Server Videos?

#2 Postby muqaddasshahzad » Jul 14, 2016 5:24 pm

Here is a Tutorial or a Tip for newbies like me:

As I've started my site recently, I'm trying to download videos in best results and uploading all of them on my Server so that I can target Publishers to place my videos on their website...

The first deal with them was to offer them all my videos cloned in their account, right? now the next big tension comes in my way how to give them all my Videos Data (after cloning all videos in their accounts ) like Video Titles and Video Embed Codes in one sheet so they can easily update my videos on their sites.

that's the idea behind this 'Necessity is a Mother of an Invention". Method:

1- first upload all your videos on your server using FTP with an User account (not admin).
2- then go to My Videos page and click on "500" (or largest option avl) from from search box and click search
3- Select check box to select all files and then click on 'Export Selected' Button down there.
4- on the next page you'll see first Tab 'Download Links' check on 'Title' as well. and copy all text from that box.
5- go to google sheets and paste all this video data there.
6- let's say you get two columns:
1- with URLs (Column A)
2- Title (Column B)

7- Press Ctrl+F to find a search box and then click on More Options (...) and on the next dialog type this:
find: .com/
replace with: .com/embed-
now click on 'Replace All' and click yes now your link would become partly embed...

8- Type this on Column C:
<IFRAME SRC="

9- Type this on Column D:
" FRAMEBORDER=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 SCROLLING=NO WIDTH=640 HEIGHT=360 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

10= Type this on Column E:
=C2&A2&D2 (and HIT ENTER)

(please repeat this process with each ROW or just double click on the bottom right side of the C Column, then D and last E to apply these formula on all rows at once)

boom here you've got the embed codes of all your videos listed there...

muqaddasshahzad

#3 Postby muqaddasshahzad » Jul 29, 2016 5:50 pm

what are the best way / platform, the video hoster can approach to get Video Publishers? please share your experience for the newbies ..?

muqaddasshahzad

#4 Postby muqaddasshahzad » Sep 05, 2016 3:33 pm

can anybody please reply to us ...

PilgrimX182

#5 Postby PilgrimX182 » Sep 27, 2016 10:59 am

1- Can I can change my Video player from JWPlayers to any other free or paid player with sweet skins?
That's not that easy to create plugin for new video player. I can try to create extra plugins for you and XVS customers, give me some ideas what players we can integrate. I recommend to use JW7 player now, it's free and works all fine.
2- How can I place my Ad-Codes to show Ads over Videos (as I'm using JWPlayer
You can edit download1.html, we have ads sample code there in default template. Also need to enable Ads over player checkbox in Video tab settings.
same download1.html template
4- export button on Admin Videos page
we're working on this for next version
5- I can see that my players is not having a static or stable Frame size its just random by following the video size after encoding ...
You should set player width/height in video tab of settings page. they should be used on video page.

Sina

#6 Postby Sina » Oct 04, 2016 9:00 pm

PilgrimX182 wrote:
That's not that easy to create plugin for new video player. I can try to create extra plugins for you and XVS customers, give me some ideas what players we can integrate. I recommend to use JW7 player now, it's free and works all fine.
2- How can I place my Ad-Codes to show Ads over Videos (as I'm using JWPlayer
You can edit download1.html, we have ads sample code there in default template. Also need to enable Ads over player checkbox in Video tab settings.
same download1.html template
4- export button on Admin Videos page
we're working on this for next version
You should set player width/height in video tab of settings page. they should be used on video page.
Just change the player with VideoJS, Things like jwplayer is very hard to tweak and customization even modifying style for it is hard to deal with.

PilgrimX182

#7 Postby PilgrimX182 » Oct 24, 2016 3:43 pm

In new version we have free player Clappr.
Will try to implement plugin for VideoJS soon as well.