XFileSharing Pro - Advanced Download Mod Installation Fee

bashthebear

Advanced Download Mod Installation Fee

#1 Postby bashthebear » Apr 27, 2022 4:21 am

Hello,

Coming from Yetishare to Sibsoft's XFileSharing Pro. Using the XFileSharing for the last 6-8 months and was loving it until today. (No hate or disrespect)

Had a load on servers and users complaining about speed and servers crashing. So discussed with the Support team on a ticket and was suggested to either disable multithreading or buy/use the "Advanced Download Mod".

Just bought the Mod 3 days ago and I wasn't sure how it works, So I asked the Support team about it on a ticket. They installed it on the main server and a single file server.

Now I am asked $39 installation fee for this "mod" for each additional file server. I mean for a mod that I just bought now I have to pay to have it on each of my servers.
The installation fee for script installation and file server installation is fair enough. But a mod, and it wasn't anywhere written that I have to pay for each server, so I could have thought before buying. I change my servers often due to hardware or other issues. I have 5 file servers but changed several times that I am on ID 13 for a recent server (will increase more in the future). So I do the installations and configurations myself to save the file server installation fee.

We at least get some installation guide for main and file servers to do it ourselves, but not for this mod. Also, according to the Support team, installing this mod takes more time than installing a file server.

I am posting here because I want an answer to the below questions and as a future reference for new users who will buy this mod as I did. (hopefully won't be deleted)

Is this a simple RIP OFF? Or there is an explanation behind this $39 fee?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Advanced Download Mod Installation Fee

#2 Postby admin » Apr 27, 2022 7:57 am

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you had some concerns & doubts regarding this mod. Installation of this mod require more effort than installation of file server due to quite complicated nginx build completed with custom modules and patches. Because of that, we usually prefer to perform this installation by ourselves in order to save our support staff time. As per our experience, very few site owners able to perform this mod installation by themselves because of its complexity. But if you would like to give it a try, we can provide you a technical doc. If not - then please keep in mind that we usually provide discount for mod installation on multiple servers.

Thanks

bashthebear

#3 Postby bashthebear » Apr 27, 2022 2:23 pm

Thank you for answering.

Yes, I am happy to receive the technical doc and try it myself. I'm familiar with Nginx.

Also, I got a discount for the other servers but my concern is again the file servers which I often replace due to hardware or other issues, so I have to repay multiple times for a single server.

bashthebear

#4 Postby bashthebear » Apr 28, 2022 1:37 pm

Still waiting to receive the technical doc.

admin
Site Admin

#5 Postby admin » Apr 29, 2022 6:29 am

bashthebear wrote:Still waiting to receive the technical doc.

please request it in your support ticket

Return to “XFileSharing Pro”