XUpload - Issue with Pro 2.2 on Mac

chrisdpucci

Issue with Pro 2.2 on Mac

#1 Postby chrisdpucci » Nov 12, 2006 2:03 am

Hello,

Is there a known issue with xupload 2.2 not working on the Mac OS? All of my users who have macs can not upload via xupload while it of course works flawlessly in Windows.

I just bought a Mac tonight so that I could better test, (that and I think they are awsome :D ) and yes it's true, no progress bar info is shown and the upload fails everytime. I know that the configuration is set up properly because as I said it works fine on Windows.

Is this something that you guys know about? Will the update to 2.3 help with this issue and if so how can I go about getting the updated version since I just bought 2.2 less than a month ago?

thanks,

Chris

Butch

Mac OS X

#2 Postby Butch » Nov 12, 2006 10:56 pm

Xupload Pro 2.2 works great on my Mac OS 10.4.8, however the stop upload for inline doesn't work on Safari, but Pilgram is working on that issue, IE 5.2 acts crazy on a Mac, however, Camino, FireFox, Netscape, Opera all work. If I remember correctly you must change some code in the Upload_form.html. It is posted on this forum somewhere, I just don't recall where. (I'm sure they have added the code change to the new Pro 2.3)

However I haven't done any testing with OS 9, just tried IE. 5.1 on OS 9.2 and it kept telling me that I entered wrong password (have password field set), so they may be an issue with IE, also tried Opera 5 and had the same problem. I will test futher, hopefully Pilgram will read this post (He knows everything) He's great about answering and posting code changes.

OS 9 is not supported on the newer Macs, and IE is no longer supported for the Mac. Are you running OS 9 or Max OS X?

chrisdpucci

#3 Postby chrisdpucci » Nov 13, 2006 12:42 am

I'm running 10.4.8 and all of the people that have been reporting issues are running 10.3.9 or later. I've tested using Safari and Firefox both of which fail.

I'm not really sure why it's failing though as I mentioned, my configuration works great on Windows.

If there is something that needs to be changed to make it more compatible with Mac OS X that would be great to know as I have integrated xupload into a very large and busy community site and I need it to work. :D

thanks,

Chris

Butch

Mac OS X

#4 Postby Butch » Nov 13, 2006 3:27 am

Read the last three or fout post at this link: http://www.sibsoft.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62

Send me an email address and I will email the code changes for xupload.js, upload_form.html.

Sorry, I didn't have the changes documented where I could send them.

PilgrimX182

#5 Postby PilgrimX182 » Nov 13, 2006 7:26 am

Pro 2.3 version is really better for Safari (still not perfect, but works ok).
You can update from 2.2 to 2.3 version for free: http://www.sibsoft.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103