XFileSharing Pro - 2 Features requests...

Giorgi

2 Features requests...

#1 Postby Giorgi » Aug 20, 2008 8:01 pm

Hello,

I will be more than glad to purchase this already amazing script with 2 mods:

1. Ability to limit premium expiration not only be time period but download counts as well, for example:

Premium will expire after 30 days or after 100 files are downloaded with this account.

2. ability to choose between when users will earn points for their files, for example:

admin can choose that user earns 1 point after his/her file is downloaded via free account

or!

admin can choose that user earns 1 point only after his/her file is downloaded via premium account

3. It would be great but not necessary to have top list of users who have most points (RSS)

Thanks a lot for your time.

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » Aug 27, 2008 12:47 pm

1. Still doubt on this.

2. Already have this. Check Site Settings: "Add Points per download".

3. Added Points column to User Management in upcoming version.

Giorgi

#3 Postby Giorgi » Sep 02, 2008 12:13 pm

PilgrimX182 wrote:1. Still doubt on this.

Tnx

Why are you in doubt for #1? is it hard to do or is there other problem?

Matts

#4 Postby Matts » Sep 03, 2008 9:19 am

Giorgi wrote:

Tnx

Giorgi, this is just my personal view..

both second and third suggestion looks perfect for a file sharing site or script. but do you really think the first mod will come any use.. if you limit the no of downloads possible with premium account; users will go off your site and use other sites that allow them to download unlimited files and host unlimited files..

limitation is one thing all people hate. but i guess sibsoft team would do your work on custom mod request for your script on a reasonable price than adding that functionality with default script (since few will be using that functionality)

just my guess.. i wish you all the best

Matts

Giorgi

#5 Postby Giorgi » Sep 03, 2008 11:09 am

Matts wrote:
Giorgi wrote:

Tnx

Giorgi, this is just my personal view..

both second and third suggestion looks perfect for a file sharing site or script. but do you really think the first mod will come any use.. if you limit the no of downloads possible with premium account; users will go off your site and use other sites that allow them to download unlimited files and host unlimited files..

limitation is one thing all people hate. but i guess sibsoft team would do your work on custom mod request for your script on a reasonable price than adding that functionality with default script (since few will be using that functionality)

just my guess.. i wish you all the best

Matts
I understand your point but limiting download count for premium users is completely new kind of model.

It's might be bad for users, but it's good for uploaders, you can set that limit and then add points only when premium user downloads file (simultaneously it costs him point) that way points from premium user goes to uploader, so he can earn gifts, prizes or maybe money. This way site owner does not lose anything, uploaders are motivated to upload interesting files so premium users will waste point on it.

I will be paying $120 so I think it's not big mod to include with package :)

PilgrimX182

#6 Postby PilgrimX182 » Sep 04, 2008 9:08 am

I'd like to implement this feature but it will require to rewrite all Premium users logic code. I'm not ready to waste whole day on this and catch bugs later. Sorry.

Giorgi

#7 Postby Giorgi » Sep 04, 2008 3:33 pm

PilgrimX182 wrote:I'd like to implement this feature but it will require to rewrite all Premium users logic code. I'm not ready to waste whole day on this and catch bugs later. Sorry.
Can you do it as personal mod for me? Let me know approx. price.

Thank you