XFileSharing Pro - Paypal checkout landing page default language issue

Hendrickson

Paypal checkout landing page default language issue

#1 Postby Hendrickson » Nov 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi there,

I have an issue that is greatly effecting sales. Since moving to Spain I have to use a Paypal account that is connected to Spain. Thats fine, all my account is in English. However this has cause a rather big issue it seems.

When a US or native English speaker country first enters the paypal checkout page the user is now greeted with a Spanish page rather than English paypal page. This is scarying almost everyone off. (unless they are logged in it defaults to their local language) Sales have dropped 80%...

Now I have my account settings and checkout set to western languages (Including English) I have asked paypal to set my default checkout to English and they say that its not their issue Rather an issue with the API script not calling the default local to be US.

How can I fix this please? Its rather urgent as its costing me dearly. Payouts and server bill to pay with almost nothing coming in. I'm sure this could effect other uses that could be unaware?

Regards
Hendrickson.

Hendrickson

#2 Postby Hendrickson » Nov 18, 2009 10:06 pm

I was reading into some paypal API stuff, would this help? Is there a code I could use to force an English default?

Code: Select all

check the browser for language and if no language is found it defaults to 'us'. What do you think?

Dim strAcceptLanguage As String
Dim strSetLanguage As String

'A language tag is a string that begins with the two-character
'language code that identifies the language. If necessary to
'distinguish regional differences in language, the language tag
'may also contain a country code, which is another two-character
'string. The language code and country code are separated by
'a hyphen. For example, the language tag used to identify the
'British English locale is "en-gb". I'm guesing that "gb" stands
'for "Great Britain".

strAcceptLanguage = Mid(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"), 1, 2)

'If there is no Language available in the browser we will set default to 'us'

If Len(strAcceptLanguage) > 0 Then
strSetLanguage = strAcceptLanguage
Else
strSetLanguage = "us"
End If
strPayPalURL += "&lc=" & strSetLanguage

Hendrickson

#3 Postby Hendrickson » Nov 19, 2009 2:04 pm

Ok this is the reply I got from paypal:

Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Technical Services.

With regards to your question the landing page language set up is not related to any of the settings on your PayPal Account Profile but it is about the setup on the integration setup with the "LC" variable value probably

The problem has something to do with the LC variable for the language. This is urgent. Can anyone help out please?

Hendrickson

#4 Postby Hendrickson » Nov 20, 2009 8:54 am

...Can no-one help me where is the support?? I'm sure this issue effects other users and they aren't even aware.

For example your in Netherlands, but you want your PalPay checkout page in English as default. But it will be in dutch. The code needs to be fixed to force or suggest the default language to US-English. Is there no support at the moment or something??? This issue is costing me in huge amounts of lost sales..Please HELP!?

Hendrickson

#5 Postby Hendrickson » Nov 20, 2009 4:55 pm

Pilgrim please some help if possible.. I know you have been online here. I have a legal key and would love some help on this. I will pay for you to fix this or any else to fix this I will pay!! I'm desperate as its costing me $$$ in lost sales.

cuty

#6 Postby cuty » Nov 20, 2009 6:24 pm

jeez maan, I'm sorry to hear.All i can suggest is reupload the api.cgi and manually change the paypal address.its the weekend now and I really really doubt you'll be getting any help from sibsoft for this till sunday morning.as I said reupload the api.cgi and manually input the paypal address and if that doesnt work then , change back to the US address if not , send a email to your users telling them what happened assuring them that its ok to pay that way and offer some kind of incentive for new premium users till its fixed.

Hendrickson

#7 Postby Hendrickson » Nov 20, 2009 8:23 pm

cuty wrote:jeez maan, I'm sorry to hear.All i can suggest is reupload the api.cgi and manually change the paypal address.its the weekend now and I really really doubt you'll be getting any help from sibsoft for this till sunday morning.as I said reupload the api.cgi and manually input the paypal address and if that doesnt work then , change back to the US address if not , send a email to your users telling them what happened assuring them that its ok to pay that way and offer some kind of incentive for new premium users till its fixed.
Thanks I tired that and it still doesn't work, replacing the API.cgi. Also where do I "manually enter my paypal address"?

Is it something here? Also why are two posts lines out?

Code: Select all

writeLog("Wrong mc_amount value: $f->{mc_gross}",'EXIT') 
      unless $f->{mc_gross}==$transaction->{amount};
    writeLog("Wrong mc_currency value: $f->{mc_currency}",'EXIT') 
      unless lc $f->{mc_currency} eq lc $c->{currency_code};
    #writeLog("Wrong receiver_email value: $f->{business}",'EXIT') 
    #  unless lc $f->{business} eq lc $c->{paypal_email};
    writeLog("Wrong txn_id value: $f->{txn_id}",'EXIT') 
      unless $f->{txn_id};
I cannot set my address to the US as I don't live there. Pretty hard to fake It for a premier account.

I started this thread 2 days ago, also emailed the support email but nothing...

Hendrickson

#8 Postby Hendrickson » Nov 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Ok I'm no coder or anything but I think its got some thing to do with the Language Code Variable (LC)

The script needs to call 'lc' => 'US' and if only I knew were to enter this I could have the fix maybe?

Anyone have any ideas?
Canadian users might have the same issue, where you might want French as default on the Paypal checkout page but its in English or the reserve.

Now to make things a little easy for Sibsoft. This might help:

http://www.pdncommunity.com/pdn/board/m ... e.id=42958

Does it need to be i the button submit field? On the buy now?

<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="US">
<input type="hidden" name="country" value="CA">

Someone here must have an idea?? I know I'm close...