XFileSharing Pro - Additional Server Question

lavahiphop

Additional Server Question

#1 Postby lavahiphop » Dec 01, 2009 2:09 pm

Hey guys,

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me. If anyone is willing to go further and give me some consulting I'd be willing to reimburse them. Here is the question.

My site is growing larger. Right now I have 1 dedicated server, 8GB RAM, SAS Hard drive, intel core 2 etc. Nothing is set up special, just the basic configuration by the sibisoft team.

Since I have been growing, the download speed has been getting slower for my visitors, and I want to be able to make it fast again. Here are the options that I am aware of, and maybe someone can point to the right one, or add in the best option.

1. Upgrade to a better server
2. Get another server
a. either one that splits the load in half
b. or one that does files and another that does downloads
3. have a subdomain like 'files.mydomain.com' which would make the web browser think that it's connecting to the multiple hosts. Therefore I would end up with more connections going to host.

That is all I have. I would really appreciate some advice, and like I said, I will pay if someone really really helps me. My aim is bgaxc08; google and yahoo are theodorebrinkofski. THANKS

Hendrickson

#2 Postby Hendrickson » Dec 03, 2009 12:40 pm

There are a few things you could do. Which you mentioned;

You can set a new server to be premium only to maintain high premium user speeds

Set another new server to be Read only to and another On for both uploads and downloads.

But it also sounds like your port speed vs users online downloading is the issue. Try a Gigabyte port speed Vs 100mbit etc.

If you have 1,500 all trying to share a 100mbit port then there's your issue. They are all fighting it out for their share of the bandwidth you have. No point having a fast harddrive or server if your limited by connections.

Hendrickson

PilgrimX182

#3 Postby PilgrimX182 » Dec 08, 2009 9:26 am

Email to [email protected] with some current usage numbers so we can offer you some ideas suitable for your server.