XFileSharing Pro - hotlinking hack

cuty

hotlinking hack

#1 Postby cuty » Dec 02, 2009 4:51 am

For all the sibsoft scripts I have tried , users are able to hack it and get away with hotlinking.

All they do, they create a download page on the main site , e.g the site is called www.hackingsite.com...and my site is called uploadsite.net.
eg.

http://download.hackingsite.com/uploads ... ev70axmenh

and they are able to get direct link downloads.I need to stop this.If I edit the .htaccess file in public_html , I get a software error.What should I do??

ankurs

Re: hotlinking hack

#2 Postby ankurs » Dec 02, 2009 5:47 am

cuty wrote:For all the sibsoft scripts I have tried , users are able to hack it and get away with hotlinking.

All they do, they create a download page on the main site , e.g the site is called www.hackingsite.com...and my site is called uploadsite.net.
eg.

and they are able to get direct link downloads.I need to stop this.If I edit the .htaccess file in public_html , I get a software error.What should I do??
and which site is that ?

its not possible to hotlink, bcoz the links created are IP specific ; but if that site is tunneling all the traffic then you cant stop it

unless you block the ip from ur server

admin
Site Admin

#3 Postby admin » Dec 02, 2009 6:31 am

Yes, looks like you got something wrong. It's impossible to hotlink that way.

Anyway, what is "uploadsite.php"?

cuty

#4 Postby cuty » Dec 02, 2009 8:49 am

admin wrote:Yes, looks like you got something wrong. It's impossible to hotlink that way.

how you mean its impossible???? lol I just said it works, I am seeing it now.It happened before , pilgrim fixed it but now its happening again.

uploadsite is the name of my site with xfilesharing(hypothetically)

cuty

#5 Postby cuty » Dec 02, 2009 8:50 am

ankurs wrote:
cuty wrote:For all the sibsoft scripts I have tried , users are able to hack it and get away with hotlinking.

eg.

I dont want to block the site I wanna stop the hotlinking.

and which site is that ?

its not possible to hotlink, bcoz the links created are IP specific ; but if that site is tunneling all the traffic then you cant stop it

unless you block the ip from ur server

admin
Site Admin

#6 Postby admin » Dec 02, 2009 9:19 am

cuty wrote:
admin wrote:Yes, looks like you got something wrong. It's impossible to hotlink that way.

how you mean its impossible???? lol I just said it works, I am seeing it now.It happened before , pilgrim fixed it but now its happening again.

uploadsite is the name of my site with xfilesharing(hypothetically)
Give us working example.

PilgrimX182

#7 Postby PilgrimX182 » Dec 02, 2009 9:58 am

cuty, I guess this is working for your site ONLY since you asked me to FIX the Wrong IP error and we've disabled IP check for you.

cuty

#8 Postby cuty » Dec 02, 2009 10:06 am

but users are still getting wrong ip , so what you did didnt help, what should I do to fix this?? and how to correct wrong ip??

ankurs

#9 Postby ankurs » Dec 02, 2009 1:42 pm

cuty wrote:but users are still getting wrong ip , so what you did didnt help, what should I do to fix this?? and how to correct wrong ip??
enable recaptcha for downloads

cuty

#10 Postby cuty » Dec 02, 2009 5:44 pm

i dont want that...support said it was fixed it not only created another problem, the original problem is still there,and worse 1 week of emails havent been answered

cuty

#11 Postby cuty » Dec 02, 2009 5:47 pm

PilgrimX182 wrote:cuty, I guess this is working for your site ONLY since you asked me to FIX the Wrong IP error and we've disabled IP check for you.
how can it be FIXED an people STILL getting wrong ip message??? then whats worse you dont respond to emails