XFileSharing Pro - adding some extra Magick

ebgb

adding some extra Magick

#1 Postby ebgb » Apr 20, 2010 11:08 am

hello all,

just joined.

I bought 'pro a few years back and it rocks (bought a few licences actually!)

starting a new project at the moment, will be using it to upload some PDF files

post upload the filenames get stuck in a SQL db, all well and good, but I'm also doing some post processing o the files server side through php and imagemagick to convert the pdf to PNG or JPG

thought just occurred to me...

I'm using php to

exec("convert $strPDF png8:/var/www/appro_png/$outputFile");

$strPDF being the upload filename

is it possible, worthwhile or just plain silly to try get that bit of server code to be run through the cgi at the same time as its uplaoding

main reason is that doing it through php takes time, which is not a problem, except that the user is sat there for a minute or 2 waiting for it to happen - getting a php progress bar to run while it does the conversion is a possibly solution, but that means to stages to the operation, the upload prog bar, then immediately another when it returns to php and starts the conversion

possibly? or am I wishing for the moon again!

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » Apr 22, 2010 8:40 am

Possible. Email the commandline used and access to the fileserver, we will do the trick. Email to [email protected]

ebgb

#3 Postby ebgb » Apr 29, 2010 3:07 pm

I'm getting there, well not really. Trying to remember how to configure the uploader first from my page! it was rather a long time ago! (and to be honest I think you stepped in and did it on each of the domains I bought it for!!)

once I get (hopefully!) the uploader to well, upload.......

the command line is pretty straightforward I hope