XFileSharing Pro - Pre-sale question about dedicated servers

Pippos4

Pre-sale question about dedicated servers

#1 Postby Pippos4 » Jun 12, 2009 11:35 am

Hello,

I would like to know more about it's capabilities before purchasing it.

1. About the Multi-Server support feature. How it works, upload random files to the servers? Let's say 4 servers.

2. What is the best web hosting server that someone purchaseto get started with the script.

3. Is it possible to install the script on a standard dedicated server in order users can use the website but for storage using a 100mbps with unmetered bandwidth server 1TB HDD raid somewhere in Europe.

I am asking this question because if a user (located in Germany for example) types the file link on the address bar and he redirects to my website to download the file, the script will fetch the file from the storage dedicated server lets say would be in Germany but the script is based on a US server. How it will this work out.

Excuse me if I am wrong but can you explain me how will it work but without using the same server (over loading cpu's) as a storage files. Using an external server for this job only.

Pippos4

Pre-sale question about dedicated servers

#2 Postby Pippos4 » Jun 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Can someone help me out please.

cuty

#3 Postby cuty » Jun 14, 2009 5:36 pm

1)means you can have many fileservers, yes more you have the more yu wont have to dedicate one to a particular user uploading to it.(Sharing the load )

2)http://www.ezywebhost.net/support/aff.php?aff=001
is to get started , thats what the admins of this forum recommend.

3)Yes thats possible, it all depends where majority of your users are and how fast you want them to connect.100mb the max transfer is roughly 12.5mbps and 30TB of data per month.

webservers and file servres dont have to be in the same location.

Pippos4

#4 Postby Pippos4 » Jun 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Thanks for answering but I was expecting a company representative to answer.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

So if its OK to have the script installed on a server and the file on a different one, then what the connection would be on script server and storage server?

If the user is dynamically downloading from the storage server then I suppose the 100mbps port unmetered bandwidth would be on that server not on the scripts server.

Script server does not require any huge amount of traffic only managing the database with the files. when a user uploading/downloading (if I am wrong please correct me)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Pre-sale question about dedicated servers

#5 Postby admin » Jun 15, 2009 5:56 am

Pippos4 wrote:Hello,

I would like to know more about it's capabilities before purchasing it.

1. About the Multi-Server support feature. How it works, upload random files to the servers? Let's say 4 servers.

2. What is the best web hosting server that someone purchaseto get started with the script.

3. Is it possible to install the script on a standard dedicated server in order users can use the website but for storage using a 100mbps with unmetered bandwidth server 1TB HDD raid somewhere in Europe.

I am asking this question because if a user (located in Germany for example) types the file link on the address bar and he redirects to my website to download the file, the script will fetch the file from the storage dedicated server lets say would be in Germany but the script is based on a US server. How it will this work out.

Excuse me if I am wrong but can you explain me how will it work but without using the same server (over loading cpu's) as a storage files. Using an external server for this job only.

Hello. You got quite good answers from cuty (thanks!), however, here's my comments:

1. Using round-robiin method (always using next server for upload).

2. You should decide. We always recommend dedicated hosting (not shared).

3. Yes, that will work.

Pippos4

#6 Postby Pippos4 » Jun 15, 2009 7:29 am

Hello admin, thanks for your answer.
Can you answer me this also?
So if its OK to have the script installed on a server and the file on a different one, then what the connection would be on script server and storage server?

If the user is dynamically downloading from the storage server then I suppose the 100mbps port unmetered bandwidth would be on that server not on the scripts server.

Script server does not require any huge amount of traffic only managing the database with the files. when a user uploading/downloading (if I am wrong please correct me)
[/quote]

Pippos4

#7 Postby Pippos4 » Jun 17, 2009 10:20 am

Sorry for posting again but can you answer me please

admin
Site Admin

#8 Postby admin » Jun 17, 2009 2:08 pm

Yes, you're right. Files are being downloaded fom file server(s) only. Main server (you called it Script server) only showing site frontend/storing data about users, etc.

Pippos4

#9 Postby Pippos4 » Jun 17, 2009 5:00 pm

OK thank you very much.

So if the script is located on a server in US and all my file server in EU, does it affect in any way the speed distance, delay of files when users request them for DL?

Also is possible to use any of the below servers for file storage?

CDN storage, Cloud storage or go for private dedicated servers with load balance hardware?

admin
Site Admin

#10 Postby admin » Jun 18, 2009 9:37 am

Pippos4 wrote:OK thank you very much.

So if the script is located on a server in US and all my file server in EU, does it affect in any way the speed distance, delay of files when users request them for DL?

Also is possible to use any of the below servers for file storage?

CDN storage, Cloud storage or go for private dedicated servers with load balance hardware?
Yes, correct.
As for storage - we recommend to go with dedicated servers.