XFileSharing Pro - Pre sale questions

Ciao121

Pre sale questions

#1 Postby Ciao121 » Jun 12, 2009 9:16 am

Hi all,
I didn't find a trial version (only online demo) and I'm not sure this script can be 100% useful for my needs.

What I'm looking for is a way for my users to upload very big files from a desktop app with resume capability (no ftp). I have questions:

1) No way to have a complete trial to really verify if it is what I need?
2) Can md5 ban also applies to desktop uploader?
3) Can an user submitting a file using desktop uploader also submit site's custom fields (as ie title and description)?
5) If answer to question file 3) is yes, can I change the server side script so that a different action is taken (and a different response is returned to the user? To be clear: are desktop uploader messages hardcoded in the uploader or are they thaken from the server side script?
6) I coudn't find any site where I can test desktop uploader
7) How much is desktop uploader customizable (logo, messages, language, etc)
8) Can I unbrand everithing?

Thank you

admin
Site Admin

Re: Pre sale questions

#2 Postby admin » Jun 15, 2009 6:07 am

Ciao121 wrote:Hi all,
I didn't find a trial version (only online demo) and I'm not sure this script can be 100% useful for my needs.

What I'm looking for is a way for my users to upload very big files from a desktop app with resume capability (no ftp). I have questions:

1) No way to have a complete trial to really verify if it is what I need?
2) Can md5 ban also applies to desktop uploader?
3) Can an user submitting a file using desktop uploader also submit site's custom fields (as ie title and description)?
5) If answer to question file 3) is yes, can I change the server side script so that a different action is taken (and a different response is returned to the user? To be clear: are desktop uploader messages hardcoded in the uploader or are they thaken from the server side script?
6) I coudn't find any site where I can test desktop uploader
7) How much is desktop uploader customizable (logo, messages, language, etc)
8) Can I unbrand everithing?

Thank you

Hello,

1) Unfortunately no trial version is possible, since it's script.
2) Yes. Upload handler is the same.
3) Currently - no.

5) Response text is on desktop side. Response codes is on server side.
6) Strange, we know that someone using it. Need to ask here on forum.
7) Depends on what exactly should be done. However, we're not doing desktop uploader modifications yet. Yes, you can unbrand everything.

Thanks