XFileSharing Free - Pre-Sales Questions

WebGuy

Pre-Sales Questions

#1 Postby WebGuy » Oct 23, 2008 10:31 pm

Couple Qs before I purchase XFileSharing:

1. I noticed on the "download" page that after I download the file the page stays the same and doesn't redirect to a home page?

Is it possible to redirect back to the "Upload" page OR create a different page to redirect to?

2. If I purchase the XFileSharing and would like to upgrade to XFileSharing PRO is there a reduced upgrade price?

3. Are these pages completely "brandable" and customizable as I like to revise the look, colors etc. of all the pages?

Thanks,
WebGuy

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » Oct 24, 2008 5:43 am

1. On what site did u see download like this? This looks weird to me. Requires 2 actions: 1)send file to user 2) redirect to page. And this is not like web pages working. The answer is no.

2. Yes. Upgrade from XFS to XFS Pro is $70. But upgrade process is quite painfull.

3. Yes, all templates are pure HTML with template tags inside.

WebGuy

#3 Postby WebGuy » Oct 24, 2008 3:32 pm

1. From the admin section click to download any file...takes you to the download page:

i.e. http://www.sibsoft.net/xfilesharing/NHK ... 92c_19.JPG

Enter Security code and click download...
This opens the "Save" Properties box and you "Save" the file
Close the properities box and you are still on the Download page
i.e. http://www.sibsoft.net/xfilesharing/NHK ... 92c_19.JPG

The Button has been greyed out and says "Sending"

Couldn't you add a "redirect" function to the download button so that it performs 2 functions...

1. Starts the download
2. Redirects the page

Something like this:

Code: Select all

onClick="checksubmit(); redirectionTimer()"
The checksubmit() starts the download and opens the "Save" Properties box and the redirectionTimer() would redirect the page after (3 seconds) back to the home page.

Just a thought...

Concerning PERL, I have no clue but I use cPanel on a Linux box...
I know I have DBD::mysql but doesn't look like I have the GD lib installed...hard to tell as there are literally thousands of Modules available and hundreds listed as GD.

Do you offer any kind of money back guarantee if I can't get it to run on my system?...like 7-10 days. I don't want to pay $ only to find out it won't work...:-)

Thanks,
WebGuy

PilgrimX182

#4 Postby PilgrimX182 » Oct 27, 2008 12:27 pm

No. It's easy to download the script, generate license, then tell "sorry, it's not working on my server", then use it with no problems.

Only thing that could NOT work on server is when u have mod_security or mod_deflate enabled and not able to disable them. You can test upload caching using this test script: http://xfilesharing.net/test_up.zip

WebGuy

#5 Postby WebGuy » Oct 27, 2008 5:51 pm

OK thanks.