XUpload - Progress bar freezes HELP!

Cole

Progress bar freezes HELP!

#1 Postby Cole » May 06, 2008 11:48 pm

I am using xupload to upload video files so I don't know if this is capable of uploading large files but The progress bar will freeze on me at about 5 minutes of uploading. The file I am uploading is about 58Mb, but I expect larger files to be uploaded.

I found a hack that helped others fix this but it has already been implemented to the xstatus.js file. So far it seems to do this on any browser I use but I have not tested this on a mac (as of yet). So I don't think it's a browser/platform issue.

Basically what is happening is that when it reaches 5 minutes the progress bar stops moving. I have no idea as of right now if the files are still uploading. I have 3 files that I started to upload that all stopped around 5 minutes and I plan to sit on these until I see a file pop up in my folder. To me this seems to be a javascript issue and sadly I don't know how to read JS :P.

I am able to upload files successfully though and the bar will read as long as it doesn't take over 5 minutes to download. PLEASE HELP!

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » May 07, 2008 7:20 am

I belive it's server timeout for CGI scripts. Check your apache config for this or contact server administrator to increase cgi script timeout.

Cole

#3 Postby Cole » May 07, 2008 5:26 pm

Worked! Thank you!

technoind

#4 Postby technoind » Jan 26, 2010 8:00 am

PilgrimX182 wrote:I belive it's server timeout for CGI scripts. Check your apache config for this or contact server administrator to increase cgi script timeout.
I am having this issue with XfilesharingPro recently the upload bar stops usually half way trough, but if I upload multiple files at one time, some of them stop even before 5%, on maybe one or 2 files out of 5 ever get uploaded, otherwise none. The bar just freezes, for other uploads it happens that the upload never starts - Initializing upload.. forever..

Could that option above work for XfileSharingPro aswell, or is there any other solution my users seem to have almost stopped uploading anything at all ..(