XFileSharing Pro - Question: Performance : Reliability

yikjaan

Question: Performance : Reliability

#1 Postby yikjaan » Mar 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Hello..i have few question to as which you may refer to below:

1. Normally how many users can be supported to allow them to download concurrently by using xfilehosting PRO script? What will it be if 100 users concurrently download the file on the server at the same time?

One users will take how much cpu usage?

2. Which OS is the most suitable to host this script whereby to avoid any limitation like Max file size per upload, and to control users download speed efficiently, and also their bandwidth usage?

3. If we bought the script, can admin help to configure the script interface become slightly different without extra charge for first time?

4. Understand NGINX is a so called tools to help boost the server performance. For first clean server we build as http server to host file sharing, do we need to add nginx on top of the server so that to allow MAXUPLOAD more than 2GB or even more? i expect if i hosted the script, i need to upload a huge file size to my server for sharing and some own individual use. Do this need to customize anything?

5. i need one of the admin can directly deal with me or chat with me via MSN. Can anyone come approach to me by discussing this or you may PM me your msn address or add me at [email protected] . i had been survey on this script for a week and would like to understand more. so i could prepare some basic requirement for this to make this up. My brother will purchase a server for me to play arround on this. But i have to rebuild from scratch.

Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

yikjaan

#2 Postby yikjaan » Mar 03, 2009 8:44 pm

How do we confirm or make sure the script is secure and will not remotely exploit by third party? For security concern, how does this can be secure? if we upload the file to the file hosting which is highly confidential. will this highly been hacked by third party to access to the file location and obtain the source file?

For premium user and normal registered users. Does the file been uploaded are stored in the same location or different folder?

How to make this separate or does this possible to do that with the current script that been scripted?

Hope you don't mind i asking such question as security is one of the criteria i do concern in order to purchase or to utilize a script. Just to avoid any file leak cases in coming future without any notice :)

yikjaan

#3 Postby yikjaan » Mar 03, 2009 8:49 pm

Will there be any chances that the "coupun system" will be added in the new coming version?

So that as admin can generate a coupon ID to allow user to used a promotional code during register their account to get extra benefits or customize package to the particular users.

P/S: Sorry Admin. Hope i'm not asking too much :)

PilgrimX182

#4 Postby PilgrimX182 » Mar 04, 2009 4:14 am

I personally think you type too much :)
But anyway...
1. Normally how many users can be supported to allow them to download concurrently by using xfilehosting PRO script? What will it be if 100 users concurrently download the file on the server at the same time?
Using sending files via script allow you to limit download speed, but generates high server load. It will be able to handle like 30-50 simultaneous downloads and no dl resume. Another download mode called "Direct Links" is able to handle so many users as your web server can handle sending static files. So it's pretty good designed for high load. Script itself can generate some load when browsing through files, etc, but it's peak load so it won't hurt a lot.
2. Which OS is the most suitable to host this script whereby to avoid any limitation like Max file size per upload, and to control users download speed efficiently, and also their bandwidth usage?
I can recommend Linux Ubuntu or CentOS.
3. If we bought the script, can admin help to configure the script interface become slightly different without extra charge for first time?
It depends. If it's question of 5-10 mins, then it's OK.
4. Understand NGINX is a so called tools to help boost the server performance. For first clean server we build as http server to host file sharing, do we need to add nginx on top of the server so that to allow MAXUPLOAD more than 2GB or even more? i expect if i hosted the script, i need to upload a huge file size to my server for sharing and some own individual use. Do this need to customize anything?
I understood nothing, but here's my info: script won't show you upload progress bar if you have apache behind nginx reverse proxy. I can only recommend running nginx on specific port(like 8080) to serve static files for downloads. This will lower server load dramatically.
5. i need one of the admin can directly deal with me or chat with me via MSN. Can anyone come approach to me by discussing this or you may PM me your msn address or add me at [email protected] . i had been survey on this script for a week and would like to understand more. so i could prepare some basic requirement for this to make this up. My brother will purchase a server for me to play arround on this. But i have to rebuild from scratch.
Sorry I don't have MSN. You can contact me with ICQ or AIM used in my profile here.
How do we confirm or make sure the script is secure and will not remotely exploit by third party? For security concern, how does this can be secure? if we upload the file to the file hosting which is highly confidential. will this highly been hacked by third party to access to the file location and obtain the source file?
I specially gave a good accent on security side. Nobody will be able to hack the system and leech your files, that's for sure.
For premium user and normal registered users. Does the file been uploaded are stored in the same location or different folder?
all same folder. Today he's premium, tomorrow he's not :)
How to make this separate or does this possible to do that with the current script that been scripted?
Not possible now and I don't think it's good idea.
Will there be any chances that the "coupun system" will be added in the new coming version?
Thanks for reminding me, will implement it today I think. Upcoming version will be out early next week. Have to test it.

yikjaan

#5 Postby yikjaan » Mar 04, 2009 4:35 am

all same folder. Today he's premium, tomorrow he's not

How if the Premium users do required their files are to be private where they do not want to share their file with others?

Can we make it?

Using sending files via script allow you to limit download speed, but generates high server load. It will be able to handle like 30-50 simultaneous downloads and no dl resume. Another download mode called "Direct Links" is able to handle so many users as your web server can handle sending static files. So it's pretty good designed for high load. Script itself can generate some load when browsing through files, etc, but it's peak load so it won't hurt a lot.
Personally i do not know how does this work, how to sending files via script and how to download via Direct Links?

Can you tell me as i really interested and need to understand everything.

For sure i would purchase your script. But then i need to plan and understand the behavior of this script. Sorry if i asking too much.

Do i able to modify the payment gateway by made Payment Via Credit card or via my local bank For Example www.maybank2u.com.my ?
Paypal is not so practical in my country. I would like to try a luck on this to get premium subscriber :D

If i do required 200 users can simutaneuosly download file from my site without cause my server dead. What is the best design approach i can do?

PilgrimX182

#6 Postby PilgrimX182 » Mar 04, 2009 5:00 am

How if the Premium users do required their files are to be private where they do not want to share their file with others?

Can we make it?
Don't worry, it's secured system. Users don't have access to other users files anyway. There's no security gain if we use different folder, but will give us possible bugs and waste of your money.
Personally i do not know how does this work, how to sending files via script and how to download via Direct Links?

Can you tell me as i really interested and need to understand everything.

For sure i would purchase your script. But then i need to plan and understand the behavior of this script. Sorry if i asking too much.
Yes you do. I won't tell you how it's working from A to Z. It's our know-how. Just believe me it's working fine on high loads. For ultra-high loads we have another secret nginx solution for big serious sites only.
Do i able to modify the payment gateway by made Payment Via Credit card or via my local bank For Example www.maybank2u.com.my ?
Yes, you're able to modify it if you're able to.

yikjaan

#7 Postby yikjaan » Mar 04, 2009 11:39 pm

Hello... thanks for your feedback. let me continue my plan on this.

keep in touch :D

yikjaan

#8 Postby yikjaan » Mar 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Dear admin,

I missed out one of the question.

does this script can on the spot create a new folder as users specified follow by upload their source to the file sharing server?

PilgrimX182

#9 Postby PilgrimX182 » Mar 14, 2009 11:05 pm

Don't understand your question....but users can create folder in their files management and move files to folder after upload.

yikjaan

#10 Postby yikjaan » Mar 15, 2009 10:30 am

i think i got your mean.

Thank You!