XFileSharing Pro - Rank earning system?

abbou

Rank earning system?

#1 Postby abbou » Apr 03, 2011 11:41 am

Hey!

Wanna ask if i can make rank system with this script?

example:

Normal earn 15 dollars for 1000

Pro earn 20 dollars for 1000

VIP earn 30 dollars for 1000

And you get better rank, if you conversion of premium sales is good.

Is this possible?

like freakshare.com

ankurs

#2 Postby ankurs » Apr 03, 2011 11:59 am

rank systems are hated by uploaders, dont see a need for such a thing

you can get this custom made for your site though, send support a mail

Eskick

#3 Postby Eskick » Apr 03, 2011 3:28 pm

If you tell them to do a custom mod they might start selling it on the website after a few weeks after you pay by the hour, happened to me...

admin
Site Admin

#4 Postby admin » Apr 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Eskick wrote:If you tell them to do a custom mod they might start selling it on the website after a few weeks after you pay by the hour, happened to me...

Which of your custom mods was sold?

Eskick

#5 Postby Eskick » Apr 03, 2011 5:45 pm

admin wrote:
Eskick wrote:If you tell them to do a custom mod they might start selling it on the website after a few weeks after you pay by the hour, happened to me...

Which of your custom mods was sold?
On Dec 15, 2008 at 11:36 AM
I sent an email to [email protected]:
i told you about it before i need it now :).
On the download pages, once a link is generated i would like users to have an option to view the file in a web player for example.
With divx files (please don't check just the file format it has to be a valid divx/xvid file before its played on the player i made this in php but it can give you an idea:
$contents = fgets($f,1024);
$pattern = '/vids(\w{4})/';
preg_match($pattern,$contents,$found);
$result = $found[1];
Do something like that in cgi if you like,
Here is an example of the player http://labs.divx.com/Webplayer, i want it same size.
With flv files i would like it to show jeroenwijering flv player,
With windows media files i would like it to show windows media player

Il give you 20-30$ for this project at most, let me know if you can do it, it should be very simple :).
i recieved an email back same day:
Hello,

Usually we're using JW player http://www.longtailvideo.com/ when embedding video player into download page.

As for budget, that will take ~2.5 hours (for everything) and will cost $50

Thanks
Alex

I paid for this by the hour, it was not a readily available code which i could buy, i was quoted this will take 2.5 hours to code so was charged by the hour for this, notice the same description:
Video mod

With this mod enabled script will parse uploaded video info and make a snapshot that will be shown on download page.

If the AVI video is using DivX / Xvid codec then we showing DivX Web Player on download page so user can start watching the movie instantly without downloading it full.

For FLV/MP4 we show flash JW Player.

WMV videos are also supported.

With this mod your site turns into HQ video-sharing service!

NEW: now you can show embed code for video player on upload result / dowload page.

close

being sold for 65$ on the website, so you agree with me now?

Jesse202

#6 Postby Jesse202 » Apr 03, 2011 6:23 pm

So? Lol who cares. The script wouldn't be as good as it is if people didn't submit ideas. Just because they did a custom job does not mean other users should not be able to have the same features

Eskick

#7 Postby Eskick » Apr 03, 2011 6:29 pm

Jesse202 wrote:So? Lol who cares. The script wouldn't be as good as it is if people didn't submit ideas. Just because they did a custom job does not mean other users should not be able to have the same features
So what? The script wouldn't be as good if people didn't submit there ideas?
What do you think this is? an open source project or something?

Dont even get me started, i pay for the time they code me a feature and they sell that shit which i paid for the time of it being coded which infact makes it mine, on to other users at a price of 65$ each. Shut the fuck up about other users and on top of that the admin asks me which one of my custom mods had been sold on as if they don't know, the exact same features i requested are being sold on, they should have made it then sold me a mod then not charge me by the hour but they had not because i told them what to make which is the exact same thing they are selling.

Jesse202

#8 Postby Jesse202 » Apr 03, 2011 7:50 pm

if they just sold you the mod it would have cost you more as the quote was for $50.

I don't see anything in the emails with you requesting not to make it available to other users.

Eskick

#9 Postby Eskick » Apr 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Jesse202 wrote:if they just sold you the mod it would have cost you more as the quote was for $50.

I don't see anything in the emails with you requesting not to make it available to other users.
Hey i don't see them mensioning that i will pay them code something which they will then sell on there website? So you are saying a programmer has the right to sell anything they create for someone when they are hired to?

What if the Quote was more? what if they charged me 100$ to do this instead? would you opinion have changed?
Hell back then, if i paid for what is being sold as smartpoints mod right now i would have seen 200-400$ for to waste as when i did ask for the quote over 2 years ago i got:
Bud want to say, that it will be quite serious integration and it could take up to 10-20 hours ($200-$400). But again, need to know what system to integrate and know it’s working (database, etc).

Jesse202

#10 Postby Jesse202 » Apr 04, 2011 2:33 am

Does a programmer have a right? Not really, but I just expect it to happen if it is a mod that is being requested a lot. Should they just rewrite it? I'm about to get a couple mods done and I expect it to be released as a addon to the current image mod. I hope it is added for free to the existing image mod anyway.

ankurs

#11 Postby ankurs » Apr 04, 2011 5:51 am

then just dont ask sibsoft to make one for you, code it yourself or find yourself a perl coder to do so

admin
Site Admin

#12 Postby admin » Apr 04, 2011 6:34 am

1. Check script changelog. Video mod was officially released in May 2009 (version 1.5). Six month after we did it for you. Not in "few weeks" like you said. We even released version 1.4 without it (Mar 2009).

2. If you will check my response, where I said "Usually we're using JW player" - that does mean that we already had solution and you was not the only one person who wanted this mod. We already did it for someone else, before you requested it.

3. Our mods - are most requested and popular features, depending on market demand. With them we're trying to save our and customer's time. We would rather stop doing any custom mods, in order to avoid complaints "you're selling my mod". Do you want this?

4. Why do you think that our video mod have exactly the same code as yours? You're wrong.

5. Watch your words. We do not want this forum to be a ghetto. That's official warning. Be polite to other members.

Eskick

#13 Postby Eskick » Apr 04, 2011 6:48 am

admin wrote:1. Check script changelog. Video mod was officially released in May 2009 (version 1.5). Six month after we did it for you. Not in "few weeks" like you said. We even released version 1.4 without it (Mar 2009).

2. If you will check my response, where I said "Usually we're using JW player" - that does mean that we already had solution and you was not the only one person who wanted this mod. We already did it for someone else, before you requested it.

3. Our mods - are most requested and popular features, depending on market demand. With them we're trying to save our and customer's time. We would rather stop doing any custom mods, in order to avoid complaints "you're selling my mod". Do you want this?

4. Why do you think that our video mod have exactly the same code as yours? You're wrong.

5. Watch your words. We do not want this forum to be a ghetto. That's official warning. Be polite to other members.
Months or whatnot do not matter, You could carry on doing whatever you like, What i don't like is being charged by the hour or being quoted crazy prices and seeing it appear as mods. Just make it and sell me a mod then dont say its a custom job etc.

I am still correct though as my first statement so i don't see why you had asked your question in the first place. The fact is if anyone hires you guys to make a custom mod and no matter how much they pay, you guys will sell it on so make that clear.

admin
Site Admin

#14 Postby admin » Apr 04, 2011 7:29 am

Eskick wrote: Months or whatnot do not matter, You could carry on doing whatever you like, What i don't like is being charged by the hour or being quoted crazy prices and seeing it appear as mods. Just make it and sell me a mod then dont say its a custom job etc.

I am still correct though as my first statement so i don't see why you had asked your question in the first place. The fact is if anyone hires you guys to make a custom mod and no matter how much they pay, you guys will sell it on so make that clear.
What's your problem? There was no such functionality in 1.3 and we were doing it custom way (manually, if you wish) for people who wanted it. We already had solution, but it wasnt offered to public (as mod).

Then you asked about it - we quoted, you agreed and we did it. You paid fair price for it (for the time we spent working on your server's code).

Then 6 months after, we added video mod in 1.5, so users can buy it instantly without waiting for us.

Then why are you blaming us that we stolen and selling your code/idea? You have no right for that. That was not your unique idea showing video player on download page. Code is completely different, and have a lot more than we did for you.

Eskick

#15 Postby Eskick » Apr 04, 2011 8:16 am

Although your coders where unfamiliar with the way divx web player works, Fair enough then i won't argue with you.

Il just carry using the script which i recieved quality supportt for and have no reasons to bitch about, there is absolutely no reason for me to complain about lack of details about what was installed when i requested other mods such as nginx or that i recieved not a single list of what was done for me when the nginx mod was installed. i cant even set it up on a new server now.