XUpload - Safari is soooo hosed...

mcoyle1960

Safari is soooo hosed...

#1 Postby mcoyle1960 » May 24, 2007 5:26 pm

Safari is such a pain. It doesn't like embedded WYSIWYG editors and it doesn' t like Xupload. ;)

The problem is that my site is for Mac users!

I've tested this on multiple Macs with various versions of the OS from 10.4 to 10.4.9 and the behavior is the same whether I use Xupload 2.4 or 2.5 (2.5 is only running on my testbed 'cause I've modded some of your files).

As soon as you push the button to upload the files, the progress bar loads but never moves, actually, nothing updats in the window. Still, after a few seconds the page refreshes and says the file was uploaded. The proper emails are sent, but no file was ever uploaded. The admin email doesn't list a file either.

[REMOVED]

To see the script in action:

http://www.michaelsmac.com/modules.php? ... icle&sid=4

I plan to go live with this site next week and I'd hate to load it up with warnings against Safari.

Thanks again for your help,
Michael

daniel

#2 Postby daniel » May 24, 2007 10:53 pm

If that is pro version you are going to want to edit out that link!

azvisual

#3 Postby azvisual » May 24, 2007 11:16 pm

Seems to be working on my Safari in Tiger and Panther. If you would like to try it this form can be used for a test until I go live Friday night.

Edit: Link removed.. going live soon.

Feel free to try out your Safari so you know the script works ok. Now if I could just figure out how to disable the back button from re-submitting the form.
Last edited by azvisual on May 25, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcoyle1960

#4 Postby mcoyle1960 » May 25, 2007 2:03 am

Damn. azvisual your form works perfectly. Enjoy the White Sox desktop. ;-)

Did you try uploading with my form?

Ok. I'll do a super fresh install and see if I screwed anything up.

What are the odds my ISP (Bluehost.com) is inadvertently doing something to screw me up?

Daniel, I understand your concern. I forgot I had paid for the pro version. I'll pull the file soon, but I wouldn't worry. It's not a complete archive of the purchased download and I've hacked into it a fair amount.

Thanks for your help,
Michael

PilgrimX182

#5 Postby PilgrimX182 » May 25, 2007 5:45 am

Removed your zip link. Please remove zip from your server.

http://sibsoft.net/xupload#license
You are free to modify the program for your own use, but you may not distribute any modified copies of it.
Looks you have 2.4 version. Send us an email with your product key and we will send you latest 2.5 version. There were several fixes for Safari(agree, weird browser).

mcoyle1960

#6 Postby mcoyle1960 » May 25, 2007 12:25 pm

Sorry, for uploading the file. I'm an idiot. (I mean, _I_ always knew I was an idiot, but now all of YOU know too!)

I downloaded and installed 2.5, which worked with Safari right out of the box. Then line-by-line I applied my changes and did testing.

My error was in the area where I was making inline3 hidden. I had the syntax wrong. The only browser that cared was Safari.

Now it works great. I'm ready to announce the site. PLUG. :-)

Thanks everyone.
Michael