XFileSharing Pro - [Hot Request] Session Timed Out

mastypk

[Hot Request] Session Timed Out

#1 Postby mastypk » Jul 26, 2010 9:38 pm

Hello,

We have a big problem that when we ban a user or log in from a computer & forgot to logout, it still logins there even we change account password or anything.

It's a big issue, please give us some solution to avoid this problem.

If we ban a user for some reason, but he is still able to upload/download/edit/change/request payment etc etc. What will be the use of banning him?

Please provide some solution.

Regards

dotceo

#2 Postby dotceo » Jul 26, 2010 10:21 pm

Dude, seriously this is why they ignore all your postings... you just don't stop... I have a relatively large site, and you don't see me posting all these requests. I work around my issues.

qq_bbq

#3 Postby qq_bbq » Jul 27, 2010 1:20 am

dotceo wrote:Dude, seriously this is why they ignore all your postings... you just don't stop... I have a relatively large site, and you don't see me posting all these requests. I work around my issues.
I think I know your site is, very nice. Just curious, how did you get so many people to use your site with such low paying rates?

ankurs

#4 Postby ankurs » Jul 27, 2010 4:35 am

dotceo wrote:I work around my issues.
not everyone has access to perl coders, if its a bug; it has to be reported

mastypk

#5 Postby mastypk » Jul 27, 2010 8:58 am

Hello,

I am not a perl coder & it's true.

As ankurs said, we must report bugs to make xfilesharing pro better.

Moreover, my clients ask me same questions a lot of times & I don't mind to reply them.

Regards

dotceo

#6 Postby dotceo » Jul 27, 2010 2:33 pm

ankurs wrote:
dotceo wrote:I work around my issues.
not everyone has access to perl coders, if its a bug; it has to be reported
True, however; I'm not a perl coder, nor do I have perl people on staff. Critical issues are addressed critically by the Sibsoft staff, but "tweak this and tweak that" just because I don't like it, easily puts you in a "Ignore List" very quickly as you'll be seen as nit picky.

The basic support extended by Alex and his team is a professional courtesy to ensure that clients are able to get the existing software installed, running and troubleshooting when necessary.

I've asked for some tweaks here and there, but I have gladly paid for them too.

dotceo

#7 Postby dotceo » Jul 27, 2010 2:37 pm

qq_bbq wrote:
dotceo wrote:Dude, seriously this is why they ignore all your postings... you just don't stop... I have a relatively large site, and you don't see me posting all these requests. I work around my issues.
I think I know your site is, very nice. Just curious, how did you get so many people to use your site with such low paying rates?
You just need to focus on a specific target audience and deliver to it.

qq_bbq

#8 Postby qq_bbq » Jul 27, 2010 5:05 pm

dotceo wrote:
qq_bbq wrote:
You just need to focus on a specific target audience and deliver to it.
I am sure you've been keeping an eye on the recent developments on the crackdown in the niche you are in, I am thinking of entering this niche but it just seems very dangerous right now. What are your thoughts on that?

dotceo

#9 Postby dotceo » Jul 27, 2010 5:30 pm

qq_bbq wrote: I am sure you've been keeping an eye on the recent developments on the crackdown in the niche you are in, I am thinking of entering this niche but it just seems very dangerous right now. What are your thoughts on that?
No thoughts, comments or advice from my end.

PowerChaos

#10 Postby PowerChaos » Jul 28, 2010 12:28 pm

first of all , a support forum is for support , how bad the post looks or how bad the request is

that is where support is for

second , not every1 got the skills to edit (i can edit php but not cgi)

third , if no1 report a bug (like the sesion time out) then no1 will be able to fix it

4) if every1 was like you that want to spend money to some1 else instead waiting on a fix , then i am sure that this forum will be emty and that we are still on version 0.2 Stable

5) most support is given by other members , so the admin does not have to deal with 100k new posts every day

6) if this forum was not ment to provide support , then it would have a other name instead SUPPORT FORUM

7) you maybe fix your own problems , but other persones are not able or do not have a budget to spend on other things to get problems fixed

8) if you like to ignore me because of my post , thats your problem (i dont give a *****) , no1 told you that you are forced to give a reply or to provide support as support is a task from the admin/developers

9) hopely you understand this post and stop saying crap about things that you are not able to talk about and where you know nothing about
We have a big problem that when we ban a user or log in from a computer & forgot to logout, it still logins there even we change account password or anything.
10) you can put a sesion time out in htacces (force to go to logout url after XX min) if you realy need or with a cooky system ( ask some1 to build it if needed)

11) this was my post , enjoy reading it

Greetings From PowerChaos

mastypk

#11 Postby mastypk » Jul 28, 2010 1:10 pm

PowerChaos: Great.

dotceo

#12 Postby dotceo » Jul 28, 2010 3:10 pm

PowerChaos wrote:
first of all , a support forum is for support , how bad the post looks or how bad the request is

that is where support is for

second , not every1 got the skills to edit (i can edit php but not cgi)

third , if no1 report a bug (like the sesion time out) then no1 will be able to fix it

4) if every1 was like you that want to spend money to some1 else instead waiting on a fix , then i am sure that this forum will be emty and that we are still on version 0.2 Stable

5) most support is given by other members , so the admin does not have to deal with 100k new posts every day

6) if this forum was not ment to provide support , then it would have a other name instead SUPPORT FORUM

7) you maybe fix your own problems , but other persones are not able or do not have a budget to spend on other things to get problems fixed

8) if you like to ignore me because of my post , thats your problem (i dont give a *****) , no1 told you that you are forced to give a reply or to provide support as support is a task from the admin/developers

9) hopely you understand this post and stop saying crap about things that you are not able to talk about and where you know nothing about

Wow, you know how to count??? Very Good!!! It's very cute that you are the protector of all members.

I'll put this message in a way that even you an understand ok?

First of all, support means Help, not update/change for me to be happy with the product.

Second of all, he should have understood what the Sibsoft staff meant when they deleted his first request.

Third of all, bug reports can be made in 1 single thread called "BUG REPORT" where EVERYONE can contribute not 1000 single posts.

Forth of all, This business you have to spend money to make money. If you want to penny pinch and try to get things for free, well you will end up with a site like yours.

Fifth of all, I don't see anyone else helping him because most are either living with the issues, or are tired of hearing complain after complain of them not responding in a timely manner.

Seventh of all, Again, I answered in in the "Forth of all".

Eighth of all, why would I ignore such a lovely post of love and hate? Shows the amount of intelligence coming from the PowerChaos brand. I help people with configuration issues, and suggestions on scaling up their network. Also sometimes will provide help to anyone that needs help finding a variable to change something size for example. It makes it harder to filter help to users who really need it, when you have 1000 posts asking for changes.

Ninth of all, I hopefully helped you understand my post, and I can say whatever I want whenever I want.

Tenth of all and my personal favorite. You shouldn't stick up for people you don't know, and speak to people like me with this aggressive attitude. Yes this is a forum where you can write a long message in point form and you'll feel like a big man. But in the real world if you came up to me defending someone who you have no real information on just to be the PROTECTOR, All your teeth would be on the floor. I can personally guarantee that.

Enjoy your day ProtectorChaos! HAHAHAHA!

dotceo

#13 Postby dotceo » Jul 28, 2010 3:11 pm

mastypk wrote:PowerChaos: Great.
You my friend... are a coward!

PowerChaos

#14 Postby PowerChaos » Jul 28, 2010 3:54 pm

nice post reply :D

anyway
i do not protect any1 as i care as mutch about it as you care about it
lets give a few reply's with quotes , is easyer to read
Second of all, he should have understood what the Sibsoft staff meant when they deleted his first request.
please take a moment to go to digitalpoint and you wont even understand why your first post will be deleted (and all your other posts because you forgot to put a . behind your text)

a post that get deleted can be for any reason and does not mean that it is not allowed to ask for support (else he was banned ... )
Forth of all, This business you have to spend money to make money. If you want to penny pinch and try to get things for free, well you will end up with a site like yours.
you got persones who want to help developing and can wait on a fix
and you got other persones who cant wait on a fix and just spend money on it (not my problem , its your money not mine)

and before you start complaining about my "site" , do a bit of investigation and you will notice your error :D (got only 10+ sites or so ^^)
Third of all, bug reports can be made in 1 single thread called "BUG REPORT" where EVERYONE can contribute not 1000 single posts.
bug reports in 1 single post give always bigger problem then bug reports in multiple posts (yes , i develop multiple games and i got multiple bug reports so i know where i talk about , got even a script for it to track bugs)
First of all, support means Help, not update/change for me to be happy with the product.
you buy a script to get what you like , not to change all the time stuf on it as those scripts are not good , i can give a perfect example about it but i dont want to promote anything in here

the point i mean with this is that every1 is the same , if they do not want to reply then they wont get a reply , i am not active on this forum only when needed so i do not know the history of every member (just the last few posts)

anyway , i dint came here to fight or defend myself , just to give a solution to him

dotceo

#15 Postby dotceo » Jul 28, 2010 4:59 pm

PowerChaos wrote:nice post reply :D

anyway , i dint came here to fight or defend myself , just to give a solution to him
Then I suggest you focus on providing XFileSharing support, and not starting problems here.

Have a good day!