XUpload - "Software error: Global symbol ...." error message

tubbly

"Software error: Global symbol ...." error message

#1 Postby tubbly » Jun 28, 2012 1:51 pm

I've been using version 2.4 Pro for a few years now and it's been running fine and no changes have been made to our website since last year.

Last week XUpload suddenly started displaying the error message below instead of the upload progress window. The upload still continues successfully but it is confusing our clients and looks very unprofessional.

Does anybody have any idea what would have caused this and how it can be corrected?

Thanks.

The error message displayed is as follows

Software error:

Global symbol "$totalKB" requires explicit package name at upload_status.cgi line 59.
Global symbol "$total" requires explicit package name at upload_status.cgi line 59.
Global symbol "$MB" requires explicit package name at upload_status.cgi line 59.
Global symbol "$totalKB" requires explicit package name at upload_status.cgi line 59.
Global symbol "$MB" requires explicit package name at upload_status.cgi line 59.
Global symbol "$bars_arr" requires explicit package name at upload_status.cgi line 59.
Global symbol "$total_metrics" requires explicit package name at upload_status.cgi line 59.
upload_status.cgi has too many errors.

DimS

#2 Postby DimS » Jun 28, 2012 4:05 pm

best way await fix SibSoft

or try delete
use strict;

admin
Site Admin

#3 Postby admin » Jun 29, 2012 5:37 am

If it was working before - then stopped, I guess something were changed on server.

tubbly

#4 Postby tubbly » Jun 29, 2012 9:36 am

Thanks for the prompt replies. I'm waiting to hear back from our host to see if they've made any changes to the server that could account for the new problem.

In the meantime I'm trying to find a copy of the original upload_status.cgi file in case ours has become corrupted but the only ones I can find are more recent versions.

Is it possible to get hold of one for version 2.4 Pro?[/b]

tubbly

#5 Postby tubbly » Mar 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Our host insists nothing was changed on the server so I am at a loss as to why this should suddenly stop working.

Is it possible to have a copy of the original upload_status.cgi file for version 2.4 Pro in case ours has become corrupted (the only ones I can find online are more recent versions).