XFileSharing Pro - Some pre-purchase questions..

lleti

Some pre-purchase questions..

#1 Postby lleti » Dec 17, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi there,

I'm setting up a filesharing service to make some use out of some spare bandwidth I have from a couple of websites I'm running, and I'm caught between buying Sib's filesharing pro script, and the filesharing script offered by another company (which I'm sure you dont want named - company name starts with a Y)

I've just got a few questions that I hope a mod/admin can handle;

1) How easy is it to skin/modify the main template?

2) I see there is rapidshare/megaupload/torrent integration - is filesharing pro only set up to grab RS/MU/Torrent files and add them as a user upload, or can you allow the user to download these files directly using whatever premium logins you add to your DB?

3) How easy is it to add a new server for load balancing? Setup script on new server/point & click to add as a slave, or would this require some advanced configuration?

4) In the event that I would decide to sell the website I set up, how difficult is it to do a server transfer?

5) Am I required to keep the xfilesharing pro license/link displayed on my pages? Or do I need to purchase a watermark-free version etc?

6) Are there any known major bugs that are currently being dealt with?

7) Can I purchase the script itself through paypal, or is only credit card accepted?

Thanks a million :)

- lleti

Mega B

#2 Postby Mega B » Dec 17, 2009 9:48 pm

To answer you question about either using this script or the 'Y' one that was the biggest mistake i made buying the 'Y' one and yes you can delete the link from within the admin area,this script is in a league of its own.

PilgrimX182

#3 Postby PilgrimX182 » Dec 18, 2009 8:19 am

1) Pretty much easy. Templates are pure HTML with special <TMPL_VAR xxx> tags.

2) Using them as file upload only. Sure you can download them later.

3) New extra file-server installation will take 10-15 mins for total newbie.

4) Dumb database, copy script files, copy uploaded files. Sure changing the server is not an easy task, but our users did that with no problems.

5) You can remove "Powered By" sing with no fee now from templates directly.

6) Not that I know about. Latest version works pretty fine on many sites now.

7) 2checkout and Plimus gateways accept paypal payments as well.