XFileSharing Free - Stuck at installation - step 5!

totaln00b

Stuck at installation - step 5!

#1 Postby totaln00b » May 14, 2008 2:28 pm

Im having some problems getting the xfilesharing script installed...i was so impressed by your demo! It looks and works like a dream...well done to all invlolved!
If i can get this working, i will be purchasing the pro script asap.

I have completed upto step 4):
Modify XFileConfig.pm file with your site details
Wasnt too much to change in here, just things like filetypes, amount of files, file size, website name etc. Is this correct? Or is there something "major"?

Step 5) is where i get stuck. see below:

The .htaccess file is in with the html documents i got from cgi-bin/template and moved them all into the htdocs folder (along with xupload.js etc) but im not sure where im going wrong.

Any help would be great, thanks in adavance folks :)

totaln00b

#2 Postby totaln00b » May 14, 2008 2:44 pm

this is my main.html which is also in with the rest of the htdocs (i copied the lot from cgi-bin/template into htdocs

PilgrimX182

#3 Postby PilgrimX182 » May 15, 2008 6:32 am

What the....DO NOT copy files from cgi-bin to htdocs, no such instructions in INSTALL.

Copy cgi-bin folder content to your cgi-bin, htdocs content to htdocs(public_html).

You can skip step5 actually if you install XFS on domain, not to subfolder.

totaln00b

#4 Postby totaln00b » May 16, 2008 9:59 am

Hi PilgrimX182,

Thanks for your speedy reply :)

I got myself another domain name, so once its propagated i will try installing it on that on the domain instead of within folders within folders! Hope its works cause its such a clean looking UI.

I only copied those html files into hte htdocs foldercause i didnt know how to access the upload page that a user would see. Have you ever setup a step-by-step guide for anybody before? Or am i pushing

Anyhoo, thanks for your input...i will try this once my domain is ready! I wil post back with progress if thats ok

Cheers again mate!!