XFileSharing Pro - Tell me if i am wrong...

AnotherIdiot

Tell me if i am wrong...

#1 Postby AnotherIdiot » Oct 10, 2014 10:33 am

Forums are a place that people come together to discuss things of interest to everyone involved. This particular forum is nothing like that, its full of questions asked and no one particularly helps out. Why not?

Well my theory is we all bought this script to make a hosting site, therefore we are all competing against each other in that respect so why should we help the competition out by solving problems with them?

Most of the posts on this forum are questions on how to change things and improve on the script, looking through posts its only admin that really answers the questions as no normal person wants to help someone else which is understandable.

I find that by directly contacting support i get a better and faster solution to problems i am having. Its a shame to say but i don't think these forums are quite where i want to be posting my ideas/innovations in case another steals the idea to try and get better traffic than me.

ankurs

#2 Postby ankurs » Oct 10, 2014 7:32 pm

The questions which don't get answers are mostly asked earlier and been answered.

The other question which don't get answered are usually related to custom coding or server administration tasks, which you shouldn't expect a answer on this forum.

Also your username doesn't seem appropriate.

mjdj1999

#3 Postby mjdj1999 » Oct 11, 2014 10:03 pm

AnotherIdiot is right.

ankurs, you said that people dont answer because it has already been answered earlier. Have you ever had a problem and did a search on this forum? I have and you get 48 pages of irrelevant topics to your problem. None of my key words were in any of the returned posts. Let's face it, this isn't the best forum script.

Also, why would you not expect an answer on "server administration tasks"? Wouldn't that be an easy answer from someone who already knows how the script works? I mean, really? How long would it take for you to help/ reply?
This is a forum to "help" people. Wouldn't you be "helping" someone if they had such a simple question and you knew the answer?

People invest allot of money into this script and want to see some kind of results for their money. Installation isn't easy for beginners because the install instructions are VERY vague.

I would also like to point out something else for anyone that would question this. This comes directly from the product page for XFS.
Support
Please visit related XFileSharing Pro Support Forum for common problem solutions. If you still have any problems with installing or integrating - please contact us and we will help you with installation and integration.
It says to visit the forum for "common problem solutions". I personally think that "server administration tasks" and some simple "custom coding" would fall under that category. I myself have posted questions on here about "common problem solutions" where I got hundreds of views and no replies. If there was a reply it was by the admin or someone posting a one or two word reply with no explanation.

I am not trying to be a jerk here and I think that a forum should be productive and helpful for everyone and I think that AnotherIdiot was just pointing this out. I myself felt the same way. I feel as if this forum is truly dead.

I also agree with ankurs. Your name just ain't right.. Sorry. I hope the both of you have a good day.

ankurs

#4 Postby ankurs » Oct 14, 2014 2:20 pm

mjdj1999 wrote: ankurs, you said that people dont answer because it has already been answered earlier. Have you ever had a problem and did a search on this forum? I have and you get 48 pages of irrelevant topics to your problem. None of my key words were in any of the returned posts. Let's face it, this isn't the best forum script.
if you are a webmaster, you should know how to search using google if forum results are hard to go by

http://bit.ly/1rsAqgV , this is for one of the OP thread answer
mjdj1999 wrote: Also, why would you not expect an answer on "server administration tasks"? Wouldn't that be an easy answer from someone who already knows how the script works? I mean, really? How long would it take for you to help/ reply?
This is a forum to "help" people. Wouldn't you be "helping" someone if they had such a simple question and you knew the answer?
most of the other webmasters are too busy to spoon feed, if you really think its a easy task just google around and you will find soultions or spend a few bucks hiring a server administrator
mjdj1999 wrote: People invest allot of money into this script and want to see some kind of results for their money. Installation isn't easy for beginners because the install instructions are VERY vague.
they do offer free installation for main and file server
mjdj1999 wrote: It says to visit the forum for "common problem solutions". I personally think that "server administration tasks" and some simple "custom coding" would fall under that category. I myself have posted questions on here about "common problem solutions" where I got hundreds of views and no replies. If there was a reply it was by the admin or someone posting a one or two word reply with no explanation.
100 view doesn't mean 100 forum user/site owners saw ur posts; there are many ppl who land on this website who have no relation to sibsoft script

and if the small custom code is so critical, how about spending few bucks paying to sibsoft and support them to make the script better ?

i am not saying things are at the best here, it can be better; but dont expect things to be done unless you put some effort/cash yourself

AnotherIdiot

#5 Postby AnotherIdiot » Oct 24, 2014 1:00 pm

I absolutely agree with everything you said.

So far i have paid Sibsoft for things and am very very grateful to Support here :)

Everyday i am looking in to making my host a stand out host by continuously learning everyday. I'm not happy to simply let it run itself and not get better.

As far as free installation...thats mentioned on the support page and should be taken up on that offer 100% of the time!!!

The other stuff? Most of it i google as it may or may not be to do with the script in question.

Also if i ask a question but sort it myself i am more than happy to share my answers with everyone here.