CommuniMail - Text changes in newsletter

rogersjr

Text changes in newsletter

#1 Postby rogersjr » Jun 23, 2007 4:49 am

I sent out a newsletter and some strange changes were made to the text. At first I assumed that they were typing errors but the original file that I copy and pasted from is correct.

Northrop Grumman Newport News became Northrop Gu mman Newport News

and

we have produced became year we hv e produced

and

will only be saved became willonly be saved

The errors did not occur in the accompanying text file. Can anyone suggest what the cause of the errors may be.

donb01

#2 Postby donb01 » Jun 25, 2007 3:45 am

Did you send your newsletter in both text and HTML forms or only HTML? If you sent both, did it happen in both, or just the HTML version?

Do you have yourself on your mailing list as a control, and if so, did your copy have these errors? Or did you just hear back from customers about the errors?

Did everyone receive the error or just certain people? If just certain people, were they all using the same mail client? Were they all on the same ISP? Did they have anything else in common?

If you only sent (or the errors only appeared in) the HTML version, what did you "copy and paste" your text from? Microsoft Word? If so, there may have been some bogus HTML code or other errors in the code that got filtered out or affected the text.

How many times did you edit the text before sending the message? Did those errors occur in some previous version of the message and you later corrected them? If so, it is possible that a previous version was cached and your corrections were never saved when you exited the application...

I'm leaving these questions to give you a thought process to consider, and if you answer the questions it will help the developers to find a problem if it exists.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Text changes in newsletter

#3 Postby admin » Jun 27, 2007 8:00 am

rogersjr wrote:I sent out a newsletter and some strange changes were made to the text. At first I assumed that they were typing errors but the original file that I copy and pasted from is correct.
When did you got your communimail version?
If it's more than 3 months old - then we have fix for that. Email to support and we will send you fix.

Thanks

rogersjr

#4 Postby rogersjr » Jun 27, 2007 9:21 am

Definitely more than 3 months old. I will contact support. Thanks.

rogersjr

#5 Postby rogersjr » Jul 30, 2007 9:01 am

Support promptly emailed me a new version which fixed the problem.

colin

and me please...

#6 Postby colin » Aug 06, 2007 2:33 pm

I have also got an older version - purchased August 2006, but it shows as version 1.2, the current version. If you have made changes to this could you send me the new one by email please.
Thanks
Colin