XUpload - Cannot Access upload.cgi - Software Error

Utar

Cannot Access upload.cgi - Software Error

#1 Postby Utar » Jun 04, 2010 4:20 am

I just purchased XUploader Pro - I made sure all of the paths are correct.

Upon uploading a file I get the following error:
Software error:

Can't locate object method "e" via package "e" (perhaps you forgot to load "e"?) at XUploadConfig.pm line 8.
Compilation failed in require at upload_status.cgi line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at upload_status.cgi line 6.

I went to www.myserver.com/cgi-bin/upload.cgi

And got the same exact error. All of the files are correctly CHMOD'ed.

I emailed support[at]sibsoft.net with my FTP information. I hope you guys can find the problem.

Thanks.

Utar

disregard

#2 Postby Utar » Jun 04, 2010 4:34 am

Please disregard my emails. I got the error fixed. I wanted to disable the email confirmation in the xupload.pm by making it a comment with the "#" symbol.

Here I left a letter BEFORE the "#" symbol!

Great uploader!

Utar

#3 Postby Utar » Jun 04, 2010 5:18 am

I am now getting an error 500 after the uploads complete. The file writes, but the error 500 remains. What's going on?

Utar

#4 Postby Utar » Jun 04, 2010 6:12 am

Another update. The 500 error was being caused by my post.php page. Dunno the problem with it - it works at times then doesn't - so I completely removed it.

Second update: For those who are on shared servers, KEEP AN EYE on your "processes". I found out I had too many upload scripts running with was maxing out my server limit!

The ONLY way to make these processes go away is to close the tab/window of the said uploader.

Thanks.

Utar

#5 Postby Utar » Jun 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Ok. Although I fixed my problem, why hasn't Sibsoft replied to ANY of my emails?

Uploader is still going strong. Will try to implant the password option and see if it works.

admin
Site Admin

#6 Postby admin » Jun 07, 2010 4:30 am

We replied on your first email and told you that you have syntax error in your config file.

Sorry, but on weekends our office is closed.

Anyway, glad that you solved your problems.
Thanks

Utar

#7 Postby Utar » Jun 07, 2010 4:56 am

I apologize for the complaints. The uploader has been working GREAT! No problems whatsoever! Best $37 I ever spent.

I cracked up when I read the email "you screw config file".

LOL

Thanks.

Fritter

password

#8 Postby Fritter » Jun 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Utar did you ever get the password part working? I was trying to but couldn't figure out what part to change in the upload_form.html and wondered if you figured it out

Utar

Re: password

#9 Postby Utar » Jun 07, 2010 6:49 pm

Fritter wrote:Utar did you ever get the password part working? I was trying to but couldn't figure out what part to change in the upload_form.html and wondered if you figured it out
Yes I got it working. Are you getting any errors?

Fritter

#10 Postby Fritter » Jun 07, 2010 7:05 pm

Utar wrote:
Fritter wrote:Utar did you ever get the password part working? I was trying to but couldn't figure out what part to change in the upload_form.html and wondered if you figured it out
No, I just can't get the password thing to show up on the upload_form.html. I noticed that it has it under the optional fields, but i don't know how to make them active.

Utar

#11 Postby Utar » Jun 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Fritter wrote:
Utar wrote:
No, I just can't get the password thing to show up on the upload_form.html. I noticed that it has it under the optional fields, but i don't know how to make them active.
Add this code in the upload_form.html right before the "upload" button:

Code: Select all

<input type="password" name="upload_password" style="width: 131px">
If you want to PM me the url to your form, I can have a look at the html source.

Fritter

#12 Postby Fritter » Jun 07, 2010 7:13 pm

I may have figured it out, unfortunately they disable PM's so I can't pm you the link =/ I'll let you know if i figure it out

Utar

#13 Postby Utar » Jun 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Fritter wrote:I may have figured it out, unfortunately they disable PM's so I can't pm you the link =/ I'll let you know if i figure it out
Didn't know they disabled that - lol.

Hope you get it working. You're using upload_form right? The first form provided?

Fritter

#14 Postby Fritter » Jun 07, 2010 7:26 pm

Yes, I realized I had to set the Display:None to just Display whoops!

Also i realized that I had to change the upload.js to be true on the require password. They don't provide much documentation on what parameters certain things require or how to do much unfortunately :(

Do you know if it's possible to hardcode an email address in? I want to receive an email every time someone uploads but don't necessary want to require them to input the email.

Utar

#15 Postby Utar » Jun 07, 2010 7:33 pm

Fritter wrote:Yes, I realized I had to set the Display:None to just Display whoops!

Also i realized that I had to change the upload.js to be true on the require password. They don't provide much documentation on what parameters certain things require or how to do much unfortunately :(

Do you know if it's possible to hardcode an email address in? I want to receive an email every time someone uploads but don't necessary want to require them to input the email.
Not that I know of yet. I just needed an uploader with a password. I am now testing recaptcha with it.