XFileSharing Pro - Issues With Thumbnail Generation

H12

Issues With Thumbnail Generation

#1 Postby H12 » Apr 27, 2013 6:12 am

Hi guys,

I'm running an image hosting site at ImgSwift.com, I've noticed that my thumbnails don't always generate properly. Out of 60 images uploaded today, a total of 4 thumbnails had issues:

3 of the thumbnails were made and exist on the server, the output code however contained only the link and not the actual thumbnail.

1 of the thumbnails appears it wasn't properly generated at all, it appears to be the image located in /i/default.jpg

All 4 of the images in question display on the website correctly (fullsize).

I am using GD and have "libgd-gd2-perl" installed on my server. Has anyone else experienced this issue at all? Where would one look to fix such a thing? Is there an error log associated with such a thing?

H12

#2 Postby H12 » May 02, 2013 1:27 am

I should probably also note that if you export the image code later, it exports properly with the thumbnail (after fixing the fact that the if statement when exporting is checking a setting for images that has been commented out for some reason by default) so this appears to be the flash uploading script not waiting for GD to finish processing the thumbnails? Any body have a solution for this?

Jesse202

#3 Postby Jesse202 » May 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Lemme know if you figure it out. No clue here

H12

#4 Postby H12 » May 10, 2013 1:53 am

I was hoping for a quick and easy solution from sibsoft but I am likely just going to make some custom modifications so that image codes are not given right away, after the upload, sent the user to a page where they can get the codes, this should solve any timing issues.

Although there is still the problem where it sometimes generates a thumbnail that isn't the image (its the default thumb), I have to assume this is something to do with image errors.

H12

#5 Postby H12 » May 23, 2013 3:37 am

I haven't had a chance to play with this still, been out of town.

Any staff taken a look at this? This is a dumb problem to have and if its making me mad it's going to be making my users mad when I open up publicly

sebko

#6 Postby sebko » May 27, 2013 12:08 pm

If You have still problem try use "ImageMagick" (install on fileserver and active in ACP). This is better library for generating thumbnails. I'm using it on my image hosting because I had problems with generating thumbnails with GD.

H12

#7 Postby H12 » Jul 16, 2013 3:00 am

ImageMagick seems to be no better with this issue. I didn't test it enough to see if it solved the issue where thumbnails were the default blue square but the results from uploading a batch of images are no better for having the images displayed and inserted into the output code.
Last edited by H12 on Jul 19, 2013 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

#8 Postby admin » Jul 16, 2013 7:24 am

If you have something to report us - use ticket system, not forum.

H12

#9 Postby H12 » Jul 19, 2013 3:38 am

To anyone experiencing this issue:

This is to do with how the flash uploader handles duplicates when the anti-dupe system is enabled, if the file already exists on the server it will not output the thumbnail in the upload code nor will it display it in the results.

If you use the regular form uploader it will output thumbnails for images that are duplicates.

I have asked if they can update the flash uploader to work in a similar manner to the form uploader with the anti duplicate system as the way it is now is rather silly that only the first user to upload the same file will get the thumbnail.

Update: This bug has been fixed by Sibsoft in the latest available version of 2.1, the image thumbnails don't display properly on upload still but at least the users get correct working code with thumbnails