XFileSharing Pro - I need help on Choosing Hosting

nkchokshi

I need help on Choosing Hosting

#1 Postby nkchokshi » Jun 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi Guys, I had recently started file sharing and I am currently hosting from US VPS.

But as the traffic is going on, i need to buy another server.

But my question is if any one can suggest me. what kind of server i should choose.
I mean I read that many users are talking about keeping main and file server different.
If any one can give me the minimum recommended requirement for Main server? and do we need to buy a DMCA free servers.
Also what if i buy Main server with like Quad Core with 4GB Ram and 200GB drive space, and i buy separate File Server in USA with higher config, because i found many offers on US based server.

Will my site still affacted by DMCA??

Please help me choose.

Jesse202

#2 Postby Jesse202 » Jun 26, 2013 5:02 pm

and i buy separate File Server in USA with higher config, because i found many offers on US based server.

- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a United States copyright law that implements two 1996 treaties of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)

World Intellectual Property Organization
- The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is one of the 17 specialized agencies of the United Nations. WIPO was created in 1967 "to encourage creative activity, to promote the protection of intellectual property throughout the world."

You honestly need to go back to the drawing board. These are questions that common-sense and open eyes could answer.

The server question has been asked at least 150x and some threads are huge on it.

nkchokshi

#3 Postby nkchokshi » Jun 26, 2013 5:19 pm

Jesse202 wrote:
and i buy separate File Server in USA with higher config, because i found many offers on US based server.

- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a United States copyright law that implements two 1996 treaties of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)

- The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is one of the 17 specialized agencies of the United Nations. WIPO was created in 1967 "to encourage creative activity, to promote the protection of intellectual property throughout the world."

You honestly need to go back to the drawing board. These are questions that common-sense and open eyes could answer.

The server question has been asked at least 150x and some threads are huge on it.
Hi Jesse.

Thanks for the Info. I am aware of DMCA.
What i was asking is If my main server is based in Sweden or Netherland
where dmca dont apply. And file servers are in USA, How it can work.

ankurs

#4 Postby ankurs » Jun 26, 2013 7:15 pm

nkchokshi wrote:
Jesse202 wrote:

Hi Jesse.

content hosted in usa = you need to follow dmca

there is no way around it just remove the content

nkchokshi

#5 Postby nkchokshi » Jun 27, 2013 2:57 am

ankurs wrote:
nkchokshi wrote:
Jesse202 wrote: - The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a United States copyright law that implements two 1996 treaties of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)

Hi Jesse.

So its not a big problem? i mean If i take down that content, I can run site.

nkchokshi

#6 Postby nkchokshi » Jun 27, 2013 3:25 am

nkchokshi wrote:
ankurs wrote:
nkchokshi wrote: Hi Jesse.

So its not a big problem? i mean If i take down that content, I can run site.
Guys if you can help me with the solution,

I am facing currently huge load spike on my server. If you can tell me how do i keep load down. From yesterday my httpd service keep restarting.

filekrypt

#7 Postby filekrypt » Jun 27, 2013 3:30 am

Option 1: tune Apache to handle higher loads... But no matter how well you do this, it's still nowhere as efficient as...
Option 2: go for the XFS nginx mod. It's not cheap but nginx is WAY better suited for filesharing type loads...

nkchokshi

#8 Postby nkchokshi » Jun 27, 2013 4:51 am

filekrypt wrote:Option 1: tune Apache to handle higher loads... But no matter how well you do this, it's still nowhere as efficient as...
Option 2: go for the XFS nginx mod. It's not cheap but nginx is WAY better suited for filesharing type loads...
Do you have any idea on my current issue.
My httpd service keep restarting every 5 mins. i have to manually restart over and over. I checked every thing no issues found. what could be the issue.

I had upgraded xfile 1.9 to 2.0 before 3 days, but last 2 days working oky. Just from today its driving me crazy.

Also i have cpanel, installed. I heard that its not possible to run nginx and cpanel together?

nkchokshi

#9 Postby nkchokshi » Jun 27, 2013 12:23 pm

nkchokshi wrote:
filekrypt wrote:Option 1: tune Apache to handle higher loads... But no matter how well you do this, it's still nowhere as efficient as...
Do you have any idea on my current issue.
My httpd service keep restarting every 5 mins. i have to manually restart over and over. I checked every thing no issues found. what could be the issue.

I had upgraded xfile 1.9 to 2.0 before 3 days, but last 2 days working oky. Just from today its driving me crazy.

Also i have cpanel, installed. I heard that its not possible to run nginx and cpanel together?

Hi Guys finally i decided to go with. USA Based server

Intel Xeon E3-1270 Quad Core 3.40 GHZ
16 GB DDR3
1 TB SATA
20TB Bandwidth.

For starting. Will it be enough for start? to run both main and file server?
had centos 6 and cpanel. what else should i add to make it more optimized?

Internet Consumer

#10 Postby Internet Consumer » Jun 27, 2013 10:32 pm

That's an okay decent start.

nkchokshi

#11 Postby nkchokshi » Jun 28, 2013 3:01 am

Internet Consumer wrote:That's an okay decent start.
Now last and final query.

As i wrote for start, i had kept, both Main and fileserver in same dedicated.
I have installed NGINX in Cpanel with nginxcp. which is a easy installer.

Now i have NGINX running. but the issue is, the progress bar is not working.

And then i read, that progress works only with apache, because filex uses apache for upload and nginx for download.

So how can i config that. apache for upload and filex for download.

nyan

#12 Postby nyan » Jun 30, 2013 7:41 pm

nkchokshi wrote:
So how can i config that. apache for upload and filex for download.
put your cgi-bin url of fileserver to the apache port (probably site.com:8080/cgi-bin)

vipony12

#13 Postby vipony12 » Jul 01, 2013 1:56 am

Progress bar is not working with fileserver (client server)
Try use lighttpd for port 80 and nginx for port 182 (nginx mod)

nkchokshi

#14 Postby nkchokshi » Jul 01, 2013 3:51 am

@Vipnoy12
@Nayan
Thanks for your reply guys.

Now i have installed, Apache , and Nginx (with the help of NGINX Admin Plugin for WHM)

now issue i am facing right now , is server keep crashing. httpd service runs for 15 mins, as soon as some users come in, it goes down.

nkchokshi

#15 Postby nkchokshi » Jul 01, 2013 4:49 am

vipony12 wrote:Email to me, i will help you
May be your config is wrong in nginx admin
Did you checked file,

Any issues