CommuniMail - %trackimage_url%

raylutz

%trackimage_url%

#1 Postby raylutz » Oct 25, 2007 2:49 am

I can't find any documentation with regard to the %trackimage_url%. I imagine this can be used as a means to track viewing of the emails, but I don't see any database marking for whether the email has been viewed (with images enabled).

How do you use the %trackimage_url% tag?

--Raymond

admin
Site Admin

Re: %trackimage_url%

#2 Postby admin » Oct 25, 2007 6:56 am

raylutz wrote:I can't find any documentation with regard to the %trackimage_url%. I imagine this can be used as a means to track viewing of the emails, but I don't see any database marking for whether the email has been viewed (with images enabled).

How do you use the %trackimage_url% tag?

--Raymond
Hello Raymond.

You can read about %trackimage_url% in help.
And yes, you're right, it's used for tracking email views. You can check it in "Reports" tab.
However, since all new mail clients do not load pictures by default (user should force mail client to load images) this way of tracking will not give you 100% accuracy.

Thanks

raylutz

Still don't understand %trackimage_url%

#3 Postby raylutz » Oct 25, 2007 4:11 pm

You say I can read about it in help. All I can find is this line:

Code: Select all

- %trackimage_url% - replaced with trackimage URL
Which doesn't help much at all. Perhaps you can give me an example of how this is to be used by providing a sample email where it is used.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Still don't understand %trackimage_url%

#4 Postby admin » Oct 26, 2007 10:27 am

raylutz wrote:You say I can read about it in help. All I can find is this line:

Code: Select all

- %trackimage_url% - replaced with trackimage URL
Which doesn't help much at all. Perhaps you can give me an example of how this is to be used by providing a sample email where it is used.
Example? You just need to include this tag into your email and that's it. It will be replaced with correct html code (tracking image).

rogersjr

#5 Postby rogersjr » Nov 07, 2007 11:04 am

Clicking on the actual number of emails in the read column on the reports page will show those who communimail can identify as having viewed the email.