XFileSharing Pro - upload button

ObiVan

upload button

#1 Postby ObiVan » May 22, 2011 12:37 pm

hello,

is there someone who replaced the orginal "upload" submit form button with the one which uses the .gif image ??

the orginal upload submit button have the following code:

<input type="submit" name="submit_btn" value=" <TMPL_VAR lang_upload_btn> " class="btn">

and I created upload button .gif format and I replaced the code with a following:

<input type="image" src="upload.gif" height="30" width="173" border="0" ALT="Submit Form" name="submit_btn" value=" <TMPL_VAR lang_upload_btn> " class="btn">

But I was not able to see the image upload button via mozilla, msie etc...
any idea why ?? because I am 100% sure that code is written as it should ....

Thank You
Cheers

RockDiz

#2 Postby RockDiz » May 23, 2011 12:30 am

is the image on the root of your sever or in a folder for example: /images/upload.gif

ObiVan

#3 Postby ObiVan » May 23, 2011 5:43 am

in my case as this code shows the image was located in the same folder as the file.... so therefore I used just the image name ...

And I have also tried to copy the image on to images folder as You mentioned and changed the code as follows:

<input type="image" src="images/upload.gif" height="30" width="173" border="0" ALT="Submit Form" name="submit_btn" value=" <TMPL_VAR lang_upload_btn> " class="btn">

and

<input type="image" src="/images/upload.gif" height="30" width="173" border="0" ALT="Submit Form" name="submit_btn" value=" <TMPL_VAR lang_upload_btn> " class="btn">

but the same problem...

RockDiz

#4 Postby RockDiz » May 23, 2011 9:06 am

you're partially correct but I believe that your "images" folder is not in the same folder as your "upload_form.html" am i correct?
You have to link directly to the file, my code looks like this:

<input height="98" style="width:179px;" type="image" src="http://rockdizfile.com/images/upload.png" name="submit_btn" value=" <TMPL_VAR lang_upload_btn> " class="btn">

ObiVan

#5 Postby ObiVan » May 23, 2011 9:25 am

that`s correct the "images" folder is not on the same location as the "upload_form.html" ... the "images" folder is located under the public_html fold in my case while this upload file is located in the cgi-bin folder....

BUT, I understand what you mean, and I am thinking the same way, BUT again how the "main.html" file CAN locate the folder "images" which is NOT in the same location as the main.html file... ?? for I am talking about LOGO images located in the main.html file, if You look at the main.html file You will notice that logo is linked as follows: images/logo.gif... or /images/logo.gif...

How can this work than ?? I added the upload button in the SAME folder "images" and linked on the SAME way as the LOGO is linked...

I am a bit confused in this case...

I also understand now why Your upload image button is displayed, You linked it on the "outside" way .... perhaps I should do the same ...

But still I don`t understand how the main.html file can find the logo image located in the folder "images" and the upload_form.html cannot find the upload image also located in the "images" folder...

Thank You for answer pal !!