XFileSharing Pro - US Bank account

alexfad

US Bank account

#1 Postby alexfad » Apr 28, 2012 8:36 am

Hi! Does anyone here had an experience of opening the US bank account for non residents? It will be great if you will provide me this information as I already have a three zeros sum on my paypal account and I need to withdraw it as fast as possible

Thank you

stamos

#2 Postby stamos » Apr 28, 2012 9:12 am

not possible.
you need to be a resident, green card holder, visa holder etc.
otherwise no way, US is paranoic.

beeman1212

#3 Postby beeman1212 » Apr 30, 2012 1:04 pm

^incorrect

I opened a US bank account to avoid fees from paypal. The way to do it is to look for a bank that has branched into USA that is also located in the country you live in. If you ask them they will help you create a bank account located in the US. There may be other ways, but this is how I did it. Good luck!

alexfad

#4 Postby alexfad » Apr 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Not quite understood. How can you avoid fees from paypal? If you have a US bank account then paypal won't take any fee per transtaction?

stamos

#5 Postby stamos » May 01, 2012 5:37 pm

beeman1212 wrote:^incorrect

I opened a US bank account to avoid fees from paypal. The way to do it is to look for a bank that has branched into USA that is also located in the country you live in. If you ask them they will help you create a bank account located in the US. There may be other ways, but this is how I did it. Good luck!
are you sure?!
so if I go to my Citibank and ask them they will just open a US account for me?
which purpose did you state them?

alexfad

#6 Postby alexfad » May 01, 2012 11:32 pm

Does anyone tried the Netspend? They send you a debit card and give a virtual bak account. Can paypal ban me if I will use it for withdraw

beeman1212

#7 Postby beeman1212 » May 02, 2012 2:27 am

alexfad wrote:Not quite understood. How can you avoid fees from paypal? If you have a US bank account then paypal won't take any fee per transtaction?
paypal charges a conversion rate fee for all currencies. If you handle mostly USD getting a US bank account will help you avoid those fees.
stamos wrote:
beeman1212 wrote:^incorrect

are you sure?!
so if I go to my Citibank and ask them they will just open a US account for me?
which purpose did you state them?
I can't tell you if Citibank will do it for you as I'm not with them, but I don't see why they wouldn't. You are giving them extra business by opening an extra account and transferring money through them. I told my bank exactly what I am using it for, it is not illegal. They were fine with it and opened my US based Bank account for me immediately.

Book an appointment with your financial advisor and tell them what you need. Doesn't hurt to ask :)

ohayo

#8 Postby ohayo » May 03, 2012 8:58 pm

My 0.02$ : paypal allows to have several different currencies in your account, the money is "stored" separately.

alexfad

#9 Postby alexfad » May 04, 2012 5:22 am

So, anyway. How are you withdrawing your money?

verzing

#10 Postby verzing » May 05, 2012 6:48 am

alexfad wrote:So, anyway. How are you withdrawing your money?
you can request money via check, paypal will send check to you. before request withdraw you should go to your local bank and ask them that they are accept paypal check or no