XUpload - Using own upload script?

Kris

Using own upload script?

#1 Postby Kris » Jul 04, 2007 3:43 pm

Just wondered if its possible and everything would still work.

The reason I ask, is because the script I currently use, is used to upoad images. On the upload, the image is resized if ts too wide, and converted to jpg.

I can handle the large image bit, but defiantly need to be able to convert the uploaded images.

Also when each image has been uploaded then converted, information is added to a database.

any advice would be great.

bsprogs

#2 Postby bsprogs » Jul 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Seems like you're looking for the same thing I am:

http://www.sibsoft.net/forum/passing-da ... -t343.html

Are you using PHP?

Kris

#3 Postby Kris » Jul 04, 2007 9:16 pm

Yeah have a script already.

Have only been looking for a progress bar really.

Shame I didnt do more testing before I made a purchace.

XUpload seems great, if I knew anything about cgi/perl then this would be the program for me. Just looking for a php solution really.

Seems stupid that in 5.2 they have added the way to retreive file info, but still not a complete solution and patching still needing to be done. Alot of hosting companies will probably not bother doing this, making this feature useless.

PilgrimX182

#4 Postby PilgrimX182 » Jul 05, 2007 10:15 am

If you're into PHP it's easy for you to modify your code a bit, cause you receive filename and path with POST. Don't think this will take too much time.

Also you can try transparent pure-Apache solution: http://search.cpan.org/~ceeshek/Apache2 ... rogress.pm

Kris

#5 Postby Kris » Jul 05, 2007 1:11 pm

so does the upload.cgi do anything other then actually upload?

I mean would the progress bar and other things still work if i put my php upload script in there instead?

what would need to be done to get it working?