XFileSharing Pro - Video mod on iPhone

AnotherIdiot

Video mod on iPhone

#1 Postby AnotherIdiot » May 23, 2015 2:13 pm

So i recently purchased the video mod. I realise that the Apple universe can behave terribly sometimes so i was kind of expecting this.

Playing a video on laptop/Mac is fine, but when i got to play it on iPhone i get

"This video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported..."

The format shows just the link without the file type at the end which is what i would expect. So how can i get the file to play on iPhone?

The video plays fine on Android.

Any help would be great.

AnotherIdiot

#2 Postby AnotherIdiot » May 27, 2015 3:49 pm

So i have been away having a look at this.

It is not an XFS issue, it is a jwplayer issue. It is well documented around the Internet and is fixed by using different code when you are installing it jwplayer on your site.

Unfortunately it is a modification i have bought so not put it on my site manually. I have found the Perl module but most people talk in php to change modes.

If i find anything else i shall add it here

AnotherIdiot

#3 Postby AnotherIdiot » May 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Fixed.

Use "generate direct link" selected in admin>settings>user limits to get the link sorted.

If you are using the site for other things apart from video you will need to "show direct link" from admin>settings>mods

If you do not use download page 2 your video will begin once you press "generate download link" on your download page. Otherwise using download page 2 will give you the video window with the direct link under it.