XFileSharing Pro - What is the permission /etc/my.cnf

kevin_js

What is the permission /etc/my.cnf

#1 Postby kevin_js » Mar 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi

I have ' software error .. could connect to database ' problem while restarting mysql with chmod 644 /etc/my.cnf

There is no error with chmod 777 /etc/my.cnf . But problem with this permission any variable modified come back to its default after Restarting Mysql

What should be the recommended chmod?

How can I change Variable?

Any help..pls

ankurs

#2 Postby ankurs » Mar 30, 2013 7:36 am

you should hire a system administrator, dont mess around with permissions for which you have no idea

kevin_js

#3 Postby kevin_js » Mar 30, 2013 10:38 am

I am new newbie in Linux, but I want to solve most of my problems myself. I could solve many of my problems by myself from forum replies,

Why did I ask this question in Sinbsoft Forum is because I have changed my database to another server. I had a problem with ' remote database connection'

while searching in the forum I could know that I should change bind address in my.cnf to my webserver. I changed and I solved the problem with remote database connection.

But there came another problem, which I asked here....

I solved this problem by changing again from my webserver ip address to bind-address=0.0.0.0

Now I can restart MySQL server without any problem with chmod 644 /etc/my.cnf

but when solving one problem another problem comes..

Next I am thinking about, how can I optimize my database for my dedicated server, ie what is best variable values for

max_connections, max_allowed_packet, query_cache_size
and what is the benefit of skip-name-resolve

I think I can solve these too..