XFileSharing Free - When the upload is complete nothing happens ???

Mega B

When the upload is complete nothing happens ???

#1 Postby Mega B » Apr 29, 2010 7:20 am

Can someone help me please we run the pro version of this script and that runs fantastic but we uploaded this free script last night and the site is up and running albeit its not finished http://www.adultthe.net yet but the problem that we are finding is after we upload a file it goes through the motions of uploading then we get this comment 'Transfer complete!' but you dont get the usual 'Files Uploaded comment and all the various link options so can some help me please on any suggestion on what could be the trouble we have another site up and running using the free script on the same server and that runs fantastic.

Any help on this one please.

Thanks
Last edited by Mega B on May 03, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

#2 Postby admin » Apr 29, 2010 7:22 am

That does mean that some error occured during upload. Check apache and xfilesharing error logs.

Mega B

#3 Postby Mega B » Apr 29, 2010 7:32 am

That was a ultra quick reply i will check them later but thanks again for your help !!!

Mega B

#4 Postby Mega B » Apr 30, 2010 1:12 pm

We deleted the script and done a fresh install and go to upload a file again but this time it shows that the file has uploaded 100% Upload complete. Saving files... but we then get this error message pop up we feel that we are so near but so far.

Fatal Error: Can't copy file from temp dir (No such file or directory)

So could anyone help me or suggest what could be the small glitch.

This is the the website http://www.adultthe.net its not finished by any means till we can sort this small problem out then we will start on the design and add the logo etc.

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by Mega B on May 03, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mega B

#5 Postby Mega B » Apr 30, 2010 11:55 pm

Problem has been solved it was a it was permissions/path issue.Thanks again

Mega B

#6 Postby Mega B » May 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Well we have found out that this is a problem with both our 2 sites using the same script,it appears to be able to upload the file but then just hangs after the problem with the latest install which was yesterday i then checked with my other site using the script and this was installed by 2 seperate people and they both have identical problems.

I asked for a review on a forum and they came back with this reply:

Looks like there's some quirks.

For instance, I created an empty 35mb file. I then went through the process of uploading it.

I click on start upload, then I see a dialog stating "Initializing Upload".

Before the file finishes being uploaded, the site says "Transfer complete!", yet my browser says the file is still being uploaded....

With smaller files, there is usually no problem, I just figured I'd try it out with some larger files, as the upload form says files up to 300mb can be uploaded.

Once uploaded, there seems to be no way given to access the files later. With smaller files, I do see urls given to access the files, but with big files, there's just a message stating "Transfer complete!".

So basically, the only files that seem to upload well are files that are small enough that they could be sent as email attachments.

Are you restricting files based on file extension?

So does anyone have any thoughts or suggestion please before we qwe take the scripts off and junk them.

Thanks

Mega B

#7 Postby Mega B » May 02, 2010 8:34 am

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing the problems that we are having with both sites using this script if we cannot get it sorted out before too long i will have to go and sort out something else.

I feel its a great little script and looks good but it does not work the crazy thing is 2 seperate people installed the script and both have the exact same problem,i will have to give it till mid week then take the script off.

Thanks

Mega B

#8 Postby Mega B » May 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Can anyone help or suggest what the problem could be ???

admin
Site Admin

#9 Postby admin » May 04, 2010 9:16 am

Looks like mod_security2 apache module caches your big uploads. There's option in apache config file which is setting limit of upload caching.

You have to turn it off at all.

Mega B

#10 Postby Mega B » May 04, 2010 10:39 am

admin thanks for your reply we will give it a try and will keep you updated.

Mega B

#11 Postby Mega B » May 04, 2010 11:56 am

Oh well that as not sorted the problem out,i am going to junk it i think its a shame as we had started working on the layout and it was starting to come good but if it does not work properly i cannot keep telling visitors we are still working on it.

Thnks anyway