XUpload - Xupload Follow Ups

Butch

Xupload Follow Ups

#1 Postby Butch » Sep 30, 2006 5:09 am

I've notice that several people have asked how to get the confirmation email (email sent to person uploading file), since this was only available in the demo version(the one we tested on the Sibsoft site) to show how Xupload worked and not in the production version.

It would be nice if the author would share that code here on the forum so that those that wished to use it may.

Xupload Pro does provide the IP address of poster, there are cases when it would be nice to know that posters IP provider, for those that wish to extract that information you may visit this link: http://www.ipcatch.com/

Xupload is truely a great utility, I'm looking forward to the next release and check this forum each day. I really encourage everyone to suggest new features in Xupload Pro, we all will be the winners for it.

PilgrimX182 has really worked hard in providing information and code changes here on the forum, it is really a difficut job making all function perform across differnt platforms, PC, Mac, Linux, and each browser has a different way of accepting code. All of these factors are what make Xupload Pro what it is. I know each of us wish to have Xupload Pro perform to fit our needs, including me. PhilgrimX182 has done an excellent job in timely posting and commenting on question in this forum.

Hopefully, those on the forum will share coding examples (Mods) here of things they added to Xupload Pro. I'm sure someone out there has posted the Uploaded files back into a document with a script that will enable you to download those files or link to them. That seems to be a request on this forum if I understand correctly.

I would really like to be able to download the uploaded files via my web browser rather than having to use an ftp client, and to have an Administrative area to handle those functions as well. They are truely many mods that can be added to Xupload Pro if everyone shares coding examples.

I, also wanted a function to require valid email addressing in the upload form. I will be providing that code in the next couple of days (javascript and html) here.

Butch

Email Validation code for Xupload Pro 2.2

#2 Postby Butch » Oct 01, 2006 12:34 am

Here is the email validation code.

Place this code in the body of Xupload_form.html;

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
var filter=/^\w+[\+\.\w-]*@([\w-]+\.)*\w+[\w-]*\.([a-z]{2,4}|\d+)$/i

function checkmail(x){
var value=filter.test(x.value)
if (value==false){
alert("Please enter a valid email address.")
x.select()
}
return value
}

</script>
Change the line of code

<input type="submit" value="Upload Files" class="myForm">
to this

<input class="myForm" type="submit" onClick="return checkmail(this.form.email_notification)" value="Upload Files" />
That' all

myupload

#3 Postby myupload » Oct 01, 2006 1:32 am

thank you Butch xupload pro good system

just problem download link