XFileSharing Pro - Zoom Bot Problem

dotceo

Zoom Bot Problem

#1 Postby dotceo » May 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Hello Guys,

There is a problem with a BOT uploading easily uploading content through XFileSharing. I don't know if this is happening on ALL the sites, or if it's affecting only bigger sites.

I've tried everything within my power to prevent any further uploads from this bot, but it's not helping.

z-o-o-m.eu is the website for the "Uploader"

Let's find a solution to this problem as it's using space, and not bringing any revenue our way.

Thank You,

ankurs

#2 Postby ankurs » May 29, 2010 4:52 am

its not a bot , its a software designed to upload content to xfs sites

dont see whats the problem ? the more content uploaded = more chances of getting traffic

also how are you detecting that its zoom bot ?

dotceo

#3 Postby dotceo » May 30, 2010 5:36 am

All files description says "uploaded with File Uploader (z-o-o-m.eu)" So I know it's not a bot, but they are a pain because at least for my site, I don't allow adult content to be uploaded and that's all they seem to upload.

ankurs

#4 Postby ankurs » May 30, 2010 8:35 am

dotceo wrote:All files description says "uploaded with File Uploader (z-o-o-m.eu)" So I know it's not a bot, but they are a pain because at least for my site, I don't allow adult content to be uploaded and that's all they seem to upload.
hmm ban the ip or ip range of that is abusing

dotceo

#5 Postby dotceo » May 30, 2010 1:08 pm

The thing is that it's always different IP addresses... Not even on the same range...

I haven't downloaded and used this app because I don't have a windows computer, but from what I think, It uploads the files and uses the back door links for others to download because all the files uploaded NEVER get a single download...

Our administrators advised us of some files being directly linked to other sites so we've been deleting a lot of Warez files as those are usually ones that are hotlinked.

Real Sample backdoor url
http://xxx.com/files/2/28bfdax03f9pg9/T ... Q.com_.rar

This URL was directly connected to some Brazilian warez site.

FZee

#6 Postby FZee » May 30, 2010 5:01 pm

Sorry to jump in but im with you dotceo ...i want to know how i can make sure that DIRECT LINKS WORKS on ONE IP (the single user) then others can be refused UNLESS they come to the website (host) then the direct links work.

I wish i could copy Mediafire.com 's protection lol & zshare.net too

stunna

#7 Postby stunna » Jun 04, 2010 4:21 am

I believe I have uploaded to mediafire with this script.