Search found 21 matches

by ap
Feb 09, 2007 7:41 pm
Forum: XUpload
Topic: Block certain characters in file naming.
Replies: 4
Views: 5844

That seems to do the trick. Thanks
by ap
Feb 02, 2007 5:26 pm

Not sure I followed you on this. What do I need to add, and where under the .js script and under the config script. Thanks
by ap
Jan 24, 2007 5:40 pm

Block certain characters in file naming.

Is there a way to program in the config file a way to alert a user if their file names contain any special chracters like @, #, %, etc. It would be nice to alert a user that they used a character not support in their file names. Like the way the script only allows certain extensions. Macintosh has a...
by ap
Jan 22, 2007 6:03 pm
Topic: Safari and pop up window showing in back first.
Replies: 1
Views: 4323

Any ideas on this problem.
by ap
Jan 19, 2007 4:30 pm
Topic: Only allow one choice checkbox at a time.
Replies: 3
Views: 11778

Hey, Just figured it out. Add the following to the upload_form.html script. This first part gets placed before the </head> line. <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> <!-- Begin function checkBoxValidate(cb) { for (j = 0; j < 2; j++) { if (eval("document.F1Upload.box[" + j + "].che...
by ap
Jan 19, 2007 4:03 pm

Thanks, That worked if I only want one selected. However I need to give the users a choice and have them check only one and not both. Any quick fix ideas.
by ap
Jan 18, 2007 10:24 pm
Topic: Safari and pop up window showing in back first.
Views: 4323

Safari and pop up window showing in back first.

Having same problem as another post. In safari, when a user selects the pop-up window option, it pops up in front for a quick second, disappears to the back for a little bit, pops up infront and continues with the displays and uploads. I applied the fix to the upload_form using...no other changes. <...
by ap
Jan 18, 2007 9:54 pm

Only allow one choice checkbox at a time.

Is it possible to program the upload_form to only allow one selection in the checkboxes at a time? I have users who select two checkboxes; the system displays a generic window that says transfer complete. The user is not sure what happens and clicks again. Eventually, the file does get uploaded. Bet...
by ap
Jan 17, 2007 5:47 pm
Topic: Error message when uploading large files.
Replies: 8
Views: 6821

Thanks, I will try.
by ap
Jan 16, 2007 9:43 pm

Also, I am wondering if the script is struggling if the network or internet slows down, lets say to 49kbps. Does script get confused? If I change the line "if($curr_time-$modif_time>30) # 30 seconds without filesize modification means upload failure" to a very high number under the upload_...
by ap
Jan 16, 2007 9:40 pm
Topic: Takes some time to display message after uploading files.
Views: 4259

Takes some time to display message after uploading files.

When uploading multiple files, After if uploads the first, it does not display a message. Message is displayed at the end of all the files being uploaded. Is this by design? Also, when uploading multiple files, lets say three large files, when the bar finsihes 100%, and the files uploaded says 3 of ...
by ap
Jan 16, 2007 8:54 pm
Topic: PopUp Window just showing Transfer Completed
Replies: 11
Views: 17450

Also, I am wondering if the script is struggling if the network or internet slows down, lets say to 49kbps. Does script get confused? If I change the line "if($curr_time-$modif_time>30) # 30 seconds without filesize modification means upload failure" to a very high number under the upload_...
by ap
Jan 16, 2007 8:16 pm

More news. I am able to duplicate the problem internal to the network. If I upload two files, each 125mb, the dialog will process 1 of 2, after a while, the process bar will be pinged at 100% after a few minutes of uploading, error failed will be displayed, dialog window stays there, after a few min...
by ap
Jan 16, 2007 7:17 pm

Both lines are commented out. I tried again last night remotely, still errors out after it looked like it completed, progress bar at 100%. I can only test remotely; the large files take about 40 minutes to upload, that is when it errors. If I do the same test internal to the network, it works fine, ...
by ap
Jan 15, 2007 7:21 pm

Tried something new. Commented out this line inside upload.cgi: "local $SIG{__DIE__} = 'CleanUp';". Also increased asp timeouts on the windows server. Had a successful large file upload. Will still test. Has anyone else had this problem?