XFileSharing Free - Error after upgrading MySQL 5.7 to MariaDB 10.3

nermindadan

Error after upgrading MySQL 5.7 to MariaDB 10.3

#1 Postby nermindadan » Dec 20, 2021 12:01 pm

Software error:
install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load '/usr/local/lib64/perl5/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for module DBD::mysql: libmysqlclient.so.20: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib64/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 190.
at (eval 7) line 3.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 7) line 3.
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
at Modules/DataBase.pm line 29.

How do I fix this issue?

jamesmillere

Re: Error after upgrading MySQL 5.7 to MariaDB 10.3

#2 Postby jamesmillere » May 11, 2023 6:13 am

Hi,
I am too late to answer this query.
Go through this if you are still facing this issue-

This error occurs due to the Perl which is unable to load the DBD::mysql driver because it is unable to find the libmysqlclient.so.20 shared library.

This shared library is a dependency of the DBD::mysql driver and needs to be installed on the system.

So to get out of this issue, you can try installing the missing library using your system's package manager.

I am explaining it through the example and you can make it as per your need.

For example, on a Debian-based Linux distribution, you can install the library by running the following command:

arduino

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient20
If you're using a different Linux distribution, you may need to use a different package manager or command to install the library.

If the library is already installed on your system but Perl is still unable to find it, you may need to update the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to include the directory where the library is installed. You can do this by running the following command:

javascript

Code: Select all

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/directory/containing/libmysqlclient.so.20
Replace "/path/to/directory/containing/libmysqlclient.so.20" with the actual path to the directory containing the shared library. Once you've set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, try running your Perl script again to see if the issue has been resolved.

Thanks