Search found 15 matches

by filekrypt
Jul 29, 2013 2:25 am
Forum: XFileSharing Pro
Topic: nginx-fascgi and unknow user
Replies: 2
Views: 2408

if I am not mistaken, user 502 is usually assigned to the nginx process, can you check what is your nginx UID?
by filekrypt
Jul 23, 2013 8:02 am
Topic: Templates for XFS 2.0 won't work on XFS 2.1 ?
Replies: 6
Views: 2628

A lot of the pre-made templates you can buy are quite pretty, but not flexible at all (for example, the nice graphics with pricing and features are all in the jog files, you'd have to re-edit them to match your own pricing and user limits). So as admin said, it's much more worthwhile to get a custom...
by filekrypt
Jun 27, 2013 3:30 am
Topic: I need help on Choosing Hosting
Replies: 14
Views: 4521

Option 1: tune Apache to handle higher loads... But no matter how well you do this, it's still nowhere as efficient as...
Option 2: go for the XFS nginx mod. It's not cheap but nginx is WAY better suited for filesharing type loads...
by filekrypt
Jun 26, 2013 11:39 am
Topic: Need help in Resellers Mod
Replies: 1
Views: 1494

TBH I have not used this reseller mode much either, but the list of users should show up at the bottom when you look at your reseller's details. How the mod work is that the reseller has a special page where he can make a payment to credit his account balance. Then he uses this balance to generate p...
by filekrypt
Jun 23, 2013 2:41 am
Topic: Problem with Yum install process
Views: 2435

I installed all the perl stuff through MCPAN, maybe it's different/better?
by filekrypt
Jun 23, 2013 2:39 am
Topic: import file from host to host
Replies: 3
Views: 2187

you really need to give more details instead of posting the same thing over and over...

from what host to what host? two different servers in different locations? Two hosts in the same XFS installation?
by filekrypt
Jun 20, 2013 1:39 pm
Topic: Clarification about affiliate system
Replies: 4
Views: 2220

arigato :)
by filekrypt
Jun 18, 2013 10:41 am

which one? percentage of the sale or percentage of the commission?
by filekrypt
Jun 17, 2013 5:45 am

Clarification about affiliate system

Hi folks, I'm trying to figure out the best affiliate payout plans but I'm not quite so clear about something, hope someone with experience can help explain. This is with reference to the Payment setting "Affiliate receive xxx% earned money from each his referral" . Let's assume I set this...
by filekrypt
Jun 06, 2013 10:05 am
Topic: how raid for filesharing
Views: 2668

that is entirely up to you and your business model!
by filekrypt
Jun 04, 2013 5:20 am
Topic: how raid for filesharing
Views: 2668

RAID 5 gives you a good compromise of speed, safety and capacity... but takes a while to rebuild if there's a problem.

RAID 10 is safest but you lose half your capacity.

No RAID, well, if your users don't care about losing their files when there's a problem, or you handle your own backups...
by filekrypt
Jun 04, 2013 5:17 am
Topic: multiserver upload
Views: 2667

you can configure to use both servers for files if you want, or set the webserver to be readonly
by filekrypt
May 27, 2013 6:55 am
Topic: Help: Transfering files between two file servers
Views: 2510

I've experienced a similar thing, but number of files does not seem to affect it, but their size does. Seems about 5GB is the maximum you can move before the web interface times out. I've been cobbling together a bash script to make large file transfers between servers a bit more efficient, I'll pos...
by filekrypt
May 26, 2013 7:30 am
Topic: Transferring large files (>10GB) between servers
Replies: 1
Views: 2067

Transferring large files (>10GB) between servers

Hi folks, I'm trying to transfer files between servers, which works fine for files under 10GB. But, if they are larger, the transfer will just hang, with no error message. I've monitored the server network activity with iftop, and after a while, the transfer will just stop. At the same time, the bro...
by filekrypt
May 24, 2013 9:07 am
Topic: Torrent mod and private trackers
Replies: 0
Views: 1490

Torrent mod and private trackers

Most of the trackers here are private, and we're not able to start any downloads, the logs always show the following error: Error from tracker: torrent not registered with this tracker Yet the same .torrent files work just fine in uTorrent or other programs. We're looking into this with the XFS deve...