Search found 23 matches

by H12
Aug 25, 2014 2:24 am
Forum: XFileSharing Pro
Topic: index_dl.cgi High Usage
Replies: 2
Views: 2536

I did read this, however, dl.cgi isn't the file in question as I am not generating speed limited links, I am using direct download links. Suggested Solutions: 1) Upgrade CPU & Ram: This is a cop out if you ask me, I don't have a whole lot of users on my site, I don't see how my server shouldn't ...
by H12
Aug 24, 2014 10:31 pm
Topic: index_dl.cgi High Usage
Replies: 2
Views: 2536

index_dl.cgi High Usage

I've searched the forums regarding high cpu usage and came up with a bunch of guys discussing dl.cgi using high cpu usage and getting away from it by checking "Generate Direct Links" in user limits. I've also seen guys suggesting the NGINX mod but then other people saying that it only brin...
by H12
Aug 24, 2014 4:30 pm
Topic: Pay multiple times from same IP
Replies: 6
Views: 2848

Okay, thank's for the explanation on how the script processes this.

One further question then, say I pay tier 4 $.10/1000 views, wouldn't it be smarter to use a number like .0001 then so that tier 4 users aren't counted multiple times as they build their way up to .001 (10 views).
by H12
Aug 23, 2014 6:04 pm
Topic: Pay multiple times from same IP
Replies: 6
Views: 2848

Is that what that Max money 24 hours setting actually is? I'm just starting to try to figure this out as I'm exploring this as an option for my website. The way the setting name is worded and what you have mentioned about your understanding that it means once per 24 hours doesn't make sense to me. S...
by H12
Aug 23, 2014 5:41 pm
Topic: After install.cgi....
Replies: 1
Views: 1449

My guess is you have htaccess files either disabled or the file is missing
by H12
Aug 23, 2014 12:28 am
Topic: Error In Desktop File Manager
Replies: 0
Views: 1784

Error In Desktop File Manager

So I was thinking about maybe getting the desktop file manager addon so I downloaded the sample one from http://xfilesharing.com/ Program installed fine, I launched it and it told me I needed to login, I used the default admin:admin login just to test it so I didn't have to sign up. I tried to uploa...
by H12
Jul 20, 2013 4:45 pm
Topic: XFilesharing Pro 2.1 is available
Replies: 34
Views: 14659

I am happy to announce that the thumbnail generation problem I was having has been fixed in the latest version of 2.1, it was due to the anti-dupe system being handled differently between the form uploader and the flash uploader. They previously didn't think there was an issue since the form uploade...
by H12
Jul 19, 2013 3:38 am
Topic: Issues With Thumbnail Generation
Replies: 8
Views: 4575

To anyone experiencing this issue: This is to do with how the flash uploader handles duplicates when the anti-dupe system is enabled, if the file already exists on the server it will not output the thumbnail in the upload code nor will it display it in the results. If you use the regular form upload...
by H12
Jul 17, 2013 2:31 am
Topic: XFilesharing Pro 2.1 is available
Replies: 34
Views: 14659

My Initial Observations: 1) I cannot see an upload to folder option nor do I see a setting to enable it. This was the only reason I decided to update. Update: I see it now under additional options on the form upload, it would be nice to have this option for all upload methods. 2) My previous image p...
by H12
Jul 16, 2013 3:00 am

ImageMagick seems to be no better with this issue. I didn't test it enough to see if it solved the issue where thumbnails were the default blue square but the results from uploading a batch of images are no better for having the images displayed and inserted into the output code.
by H12
May 23, 2013 3:37 am

I haven't had a chance to play with this still, been out of town.

Any staff taken a look at this? This is a dumb problem to have and if its making me mad it's going to be making my users mad when I open up publicly
by H12
May 10, 2013 1:53 am

I was hoping for a quick and easy solution from sibsoft but I am likely just going to make some custom modifications so that image codes are not given right away, after the upload, sent the user to a page where they can get the codes, this should solve any timing issues. Although there is still the ...
by H12
May 10, 2013 1:50 am
Topic: Security of xfilesharing pro
Replies: 4
Views: 3004

The only thing to be worried about it to make sure you do not let your users upload dangerous file types such as php files. If the user were to know a little bit about xfilesharing and know where the actual files are stored (not the download page) they could perhaps execute a php shell. Although I h...
by H12
May 02, 2013 1:27 am

I should probably also note that if you export the image code later, it exports properly with the thumbnail (after fixing the fact that the if statement when exporting is checking a setting for images that has been commented out for some reason by default) so this appears to be the flash uploading s...