XFileSharing Pro - Internal Server Error (coming from use Session)

pinventado

Internal Server Error (coming from use Session)

#1 Postby pinventado » Jul 08, 2012 3:04 am

Hi,

I've tried using the program out of the box however, some issues arise afrer installation.

When I open the main page (www.domain.com/) an internal server error is shown. I tried modifying index.cgi and it seems to be the inclusion of the Session module causing the problem.

use Session. (line 8 of index.cgi)

When I delete the entire file and just leave the first 7 lines, there is no error. But if line 8 is included, the internal server error is shown.

What could be causing the problem?

Thanks!

randy

#2 Postby randy » Jul 08, 2012 7:14 pm

only edit .cgi files with "Notepad++" and not with windows text editor or dreamweaver or a different windows program as this files must be UNIX files and when opening with a windows program and then saveand upload to linux server this makes 500 error!

Open original .cgi file with "Notepad++"

On the right bottom corner must stand UNIX ANSI INS

if not then you get 500 error because index.cgi is one of the most important files in this script!

Open .cgi file and check right bottom corner:

UNIX ANSI INS -> OK

Dos\Windows ANSI INS -> NOT OK!!!

That cost me several hours to reinstall my server just of this shit!

hope this helps you!

you should not change something in index.cgi if you are no programmer and you don't know what you do!

you can change simple text for error message or something but you should not modify code fragments!

nyan

#3 Postby nyan » Jul 09, 2012 3:53 am

send an email to support, you might need a different session.pm for your server architecture

pinventado

#4 Postby pinventado » Jul 09, 2012 10:07 pm

thanks for the tip randy! so far it hasn't caused a problem because when I was editing the file, I got rid of the 500 error by commenting out the other parts of the program

im not an expert perl programmer but i know enough to debug. i guess id really need to email support as suggested by nyan. thanks for that!