XUpload - Multiple Customers - Multiple Upload Directories

alltexan1

Multiple Customers - Multiple Upload Directories

#1 Postby alltexan1 » Jun 29, 2013 1:28 am

I have customers who each upload their files into their individual folders based on their Id number. When they login in, I put their Id nbr into a php $_SESSION[CustId] variable. I would like to have XUploadConfig.pm be able to use the value in the $_SESSION to point the target_dir to their individual upload directory. For example customer with CustId 33 would have the upload go into /data/33/upload and cust 55 have his go to /data/55/upload.

As an alternative idea, maybe I can put an XUploadConfig.pm in each customers directory that has the target_dir pointing to their own upload directory. My php program can pass the $_SESSION[CustId] variable to upload.cgi and it could look in the proper directory based on the CustId for the XUploadConfig.pm to use.

I posed the same problem to the support staff and they replied:

Support Staff (06/28/2013 11:12 AM)
Yes, that's possible, however, it will require script modifications.

Since XUpload is a tool for developers, we assume that you should be able to do that on you own.

I am not a Perl programmer, but have tried several things to no avail.
If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate the help. Thanks

gist

#2 Postby gist » Jul 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Contact them if you have some special request, but they are not developing things just for anyone - they are almost always bussy and when they are not bussy, they will not develop you something for free. You'll need to pay some $$.

alltexan1

Multiple Customers - Multiple Upload Directories

#3 Postby alltexan1 » Jul 06, 2013 2:30 pm

I wasn't expecting someone to develop something new for me. I was hoping someone out there had run into the same problem and could point me in the right direction. I know there are some very smart people out there that maybe with a hint or two could get me going. I think I just need to be able to pass a variable to Purl to tell it which customer's directory to use. I'm strong in PHP, weak in Purl. :)

alltexan1

#4 Postby alltexan1 » Jul 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Decided to dump this and tried other script. Was able to get it working without much effort and integrate with PHP like I needed. Has over 100 ways to customize interface. Love it.