XFileSharing Pro - Nginx and low speed

alexfad

Nginx and low speed

#1 Postby alexfad » Jan 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi! I have nginx mod installed at my Xfilesharing script. But the problem is that premium users don't get a good speed, when they download through their browsers. I mean that they can get a good speed, but only using download managers. I know that this is happening because browser downloads only with one stream, but the manager uses many streams downloading. My question - what do I need to change in my Nginx preferences so my premium users could use only their browsers for downloading on high speeds?

Thank you!

ankurs

Re: Nginx and low speed

#2 Postby ankurs » Jan 02, 2013 2:48 pm

alexfad wrote:when they download through their browsers. I mean that they can get a good speed, but only using download managers. I know that this is happening because browser downloads only with one stream, but the manager uses many streams downloading.
no change needs to be done on nginx, unless you have put a speed limit for premium users too

your server connection cant give good single threaded speed, you need to move to a different premium datacentre

alexfad

#3 Postby alexfad » Jan 02, 2013 3:03 pm

ankurs, do you mean that my datacentre limits one thread's speed? Is it possible?

ankurs

#4 Postby ankurs » Jan 02, 2013 3:06 pm

alexfad wrote:ankurs, do you mean that my datacentre limits one thread's speed? Is it possible?
they wouldn't be limiting, but single threaded speeds vary from location to location & if you are using a low-end datacenter, its bound to have this issue

trinsic

#5 Postby trinsic » Jan 03, 2013 2:07 am

As ankurs has pointed out, single threaded downloads will require a datacenter with good BGP routing. No amount of settings will help here.

You could build edge servers to geographically serve files from key points around the globe but this is going to up yours costs quite a bit and you'll need to hire programmers and network admins to set it up.

alexfad

#6 Postby alexfad » Jan 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks guys for your replies.