Search found 4 matches

by scottwhittaker
Mar 24, 2009 2:07 am
Forum: XUpload
Topic: Checking full file name not just extension
Replies: 4
Views: 4583

I tried that code and got a syntax error but I think it was a missing 2nd "close bracket" just before "{alert"... function checkExt(obj) { value = obj.value; if(!value.match(/notices\.swf$/)){alert('Please choose notices.swf file');return false;} return true; } Works from my PC s...
by scottwhittaker
Mar 24, 2009 1:10 am
Topic: Can only upload from one location??
Replies: 1
Views: 2615

Can only upload from one location??

Hi My script seemed to work fine until I was at my parents house one day and tried uploading something and even though the file is EXACTLY the same file type, it wont upload - but at my house I can upload just fine. The error it gives me is the "your file must be of the type .xxx" so surel...
by scottwhittaker
Mar 04, 2009 5:37 am

Thank you, thats great! Is it as easy to rename a file? Say they had "anything.swf" or just "notices" (without an extension which is possible in what I am doing) is it difficult to name the file notices.swf regardless of what the file is called to start with? I'd say its more lik...
by scottwhittaker
Mar 04, 2009 4:34 am

Checking full file name not just extension

Hi I need to check the name and extension of the file being uploaded rather than just the extension. I want the file to be named notices.swf and I think I need to change the following to achieve this but I have no idea where to start with Javascript!! Can someone please help! function checkExt(obj) ...