Search found 10 matches

by tommylee
Dec 23, 2010 10:37 pm
Forum: XFileSharing Pro
Topic: server move
Replies: 3
Views: 2182

Try to run this from root console on fileserver: echo 0 > /selinux/enforce perfect. it worked. thank you. I guess I have to keep it turned off, I had not noticed that I had it off in my previous system. thank you once again, I wish I asked for help before spending couple of days to solve it by myus...
by tommylee
Dec 23, 2010 1:13 am
Topic: server move
Views: 2182

server move

Hi, I have moved my server to another host. Copied all folders with tar files including all permissions and used wget to pull the files from new server than I have untarred all files. I expected all to be fine but sadly not. I cannot seem to find what can be wrong. users can not upload new files eve...
by tommylee
Feb 03, 2010 4:54 pm
Topic: How do I get rid of this?
Replies: 5
Views: 2275

if the files are public then thats no problem to add them to your account. but you can not add anyone's files if they are not public.
by tommylee
Dec 09, 2009 12:40 pm
Topic: Redirection by Language with htaccess
Views: 2569

no sadly it does not work :(

I would really like to get some help on this if anyone knows a solution please :)

thank you...
by tommylee
Dec 03, 2009 7:16 pm
Topic: good datacenter for file hosting
Replies: 33
Views: 10701

ankurs wrote: Both are costly for bulk bandwidth.
maybe but at least its real bandwidth they offer, unlike some unlimited offers from some companies where all servers connected sharing a limited capacity in reality.

anyway if anyone has better alternatives available I would like to see it too :)
by tommylee
Dec 02, 2009 5:16 pm
Topic: good datacenter for file hosting
Replies: 33
Views: 10701

For US => http://www.theplanet.com/
For Europe => http://www.serverloft.com/

ServerLoft has the option of US DataCenter as well but I have not used that option before.

Also specs at ServerLoft are somewhat better than ThePlanet but still both are very good.
by tommylee
Nov 25, 2009 6:06 am
Topic: Redirection by Language with htaccess
Views: 2569

Redirection by Language with htaccess

Hi, I want to use htaccess file to redirect the user to correct site language according to user browser settings. So instead of german users going and clicking german flag they should get the german language of my site. I read a little bit and found that I should add something like below to htaccess...
by tommylee
Sep 01, 2009 6:45 pm
Topic: 2 sata hard disk in a server?
Replies: 7
Views: 4370

I had not understood well what was suggested before in this thread. Now I got it. just in case anyone else having the same issue here is what I did. - I have added a subdomain in plesk - I have mounted second hard disk as the "uploads" folder of that subdomain - Added the subdomain as a ne...
by tommylee
Aug 29, 2009 7:09 pm

I got plesk :(
by tommylee
Aug 28, 2009 8:32 pm

I have a server with 2 harddisks.

Server has domain and all www folders installed in 1st harddisk but I want to use 2nd harddisk as an additional space for storing files within XFileSharingPro too so how do I really do this. 2nd disk is not even mounted yet.