XFileSharing Pro - urgent i need help i get error 500 when i try to install

chimbocool

urgent i need help i get error 500 when i try to install

#1 Postby chimbocool » Mar 22, 2012 2:33 pm

help i get '500 Internal Server Error' when i try to install the script
i speak with my server provider and he say it can be Interference with an .htaccess file please help

Code: Select all

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

chimbocool

Re: urgent i need help i get error 500 when i try to install

#2 Postby chimbocool » Mar 22, 2012 2:57 pm

my server provider tell me this

Code: Select all

There are many different possibilities why you can get internal server error. And in most cases it is due incorrect .htaccess file configuration.

Although this is generally caused by a problem within the script, many times it is caused by incorrect file permissions either on the script itself, or another file or directory used by the script. You should also verify the that the script paths are set correctly.

You should also verify that the scripts were uploaded in the correct mode (ASCII or Binary - check the readme for the scripts to see any special instructions. Normally it is ASCII). Another problem could be permissions of the file or directory. Your script permissions should be 755, or rwxr-xr-x.

How do I fix a '500 internal server error' on my website?

1. Interference with an .htaccess file.
If you have implemented .htaccess on your site, it may be interfering with the web page you are trying to load into your browser. Please double check the .htaccess configurations to ensure that it doesn't contain any errors. To confirm whether an misconfiguration .htaccess is the cause of the 500 internal server error, either remove or rename the .htaccess file.

2. PHP Coding Timing Out
If your PHP script makes external network connections, the connections may time out. If too many connections are attempted and time out, this will cause the internal server error. To prevent such time outs and errors, we suggest that your relevant php scripts be coded with some timeout rules.

3. Search on Google for your script name + internal server error. For example if you get this error on Wordpress blog - query Google for Wordpress internal server error Fix.

verzing

#3 Postby verzing » Mar 22, 2012 10:21 pm

read install.txt , do you chmod install.cgi to 755 ?

chimbocool

#4 Postby chimbocool » Mar 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Yes I did step by step
But when I try to access to install.cgi I get the error 500
verzing wrote:read install.txt , do you chmod install.cgi to 755 ?