XFileSharing Pro - Direct Downloads / Nginx Ports

Arthur

Direct Downloads / Nginx Ports

#1 Postby Arthur » Oct 28, 2010 12:07 am

Few of my users report to me that they cant download the files when I have it either on direct downloads (port 8080) or running nginx (port 182). Files fail to open to many user groups when either one of this options are enabled.

When disabled everyone is able to download and I have allowed download from "All Ips" checked in the settings. My question is how can I run nginx without any ports maybe, just like how it runs without it being enabled? or is there another fix for this?

idupload

Re: Direct Downloads / Nginx Ports

#2 Postby idupload » Oct 28, 2010 2:12 am

Arthur wrote:Few of my users report to me that they cant download the files when I have it either on direct downloads (port 8080) or running nginx (port 182). Files fail to open to many user groups when either one of this options are enabled.

When disabled everyone is able to download and I have allowed download from "All Ips" checked in the settings. My question is how can I run nginx without any ports maybe, just like how it runs without it being enabled? or is there another fix for this?
still waiting for the answer from any members premium here of xfilesharing

ankurs

#3 Postby ankurs » Oct 28, 2010 5:17 am

Use a different ip & run nginx on port 80

Arthur

#4 Postby Arthur » Oct 28, 2010 7:12 am

how can I do that exactly. I have tried changing the direct gen link port in the index.dl and it doesnt work. Unless I am doimg something wrong. Can you provide steps and would port 80 allow everyone to download?

ankurs

#5 Postby ankurs » Oct 28, 2010 7:17 am

Arthur wrote:how can I do that exactly. I have tried changing the direct gen link port in the index.dl and it doesnt work. Unless I am doimg something wrong. Can you provide steps and would port 80 allow everyone to download?
i am not sure how to do it, but you will need to change apache config and bind it to a ip & use diff ip for nginx

Arthur

#6 Postby Arthur » Oct 29, 2010 1:04 am

This is a admin fix in my opinion cause when providing a mod it should work for everyone with no issues. Its been over a week now with response from admins. Please help.

Nginx ON - Some people get error page as "unable to connect page"
Nginx OFF (Direct Downloads ON) - Some other people get error page as "unable to connect page"
Nginx OFF (Direct Downloads OFF) - works for everyone.

Before it use to work good with direct downloads ON because I want download resume option.