XFileSharing Pro - dl.cgi button on download2.html possible ?

Message
Author
FZee
Posts: 116
Joined: Mar 03, 2010 11:26 am

dl.cgi button on download2.html possible ?

#1 Postby FZee » Jul 16, 2010 2:09 am

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to move GENERATE LINK (dl.cgi) button from download1.html to download2.html ?

I think direct links cause too much network use ( gateway time out etc )
So i want to start limiting users now.

So how do i move the button "dl.cgi(generate link" into download2.html ?

(I buy nginx mod after 1.8 comes out :D )
Thanks

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

#2 Postby ankurs » Jul 16, 2010 5:07 am

nginx will take care of your load issues & you can put speed limits

User avatar
PilgrimX182
Posts: 2183
Joined: Mar 22, 2006 1:39 pm

#3 Postby PilgrimX182 » Jul 16, 2010 11:20 am

dl.cgi is not recommended at all :)
1.8 comes out next week...hopefully.

FZee
Posts: 116
Joined: Mar 03, 2010 11:26 am

#4 Postby FZee » Jul 16, 2010 12:36 pm

ankurs wrote:nginx will take care of your load issues & you can put speed limits


My CPU & RAM are always 5% ;) ....but network port is always at max speed :( . Users get a lot of "GATEWAY TIME OUT" error msgs on their browsers.


@PilgrimX182 , I'm glad to hear it! ... I'm waiting for that already :D

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

#5 Postby ankurs » Jul 16, 2010 2:32 pm

FZee wrote:
ankurs wrote:nginx will take care of your load issues & you can put speed limits


My CPU & RAM are always 5% ;) ....but network port is always at max speed :( . Users get a lot of "GATEWAY TIME OUT" error msgs on their browsers.


@PilgrimX182 , I'm glad to hear it! ... I'm waiting for that already :D


upgrade ur port

mastypk
Posts: 124
Joined: Apr 04, 2010 11:49 am

#6 Postby mastypk » Jul 16, 2010 2:39 pm

what is your port speed?
Dedicated/shared?
What is your average files download per day?
What is your url?

FZee
Posts: 116
Joined: Mar 03, 2010 11:26 am

#7 Postby FZee » Jul 16, 2010 5:33 pm

ankurs wrote:
FZee wrote:
ankurs wrote:nginx will take care of your load issues & you can put speed limits


My CPU & RAM are always 5% ;) ....but network port is always at max speed :( . Users get a lot of "GATEWAY TIME OUT" error msgs on their browsers.


@PilgrimX182 , I'm glad to hear it! ... I'm waiting for that already :D


upgrade ur port


Narr i can 100mbps is best i can afford now.
250mbps is next to impossible to afford.

Yes i'm dedicated too.

Not sure how many file downloads a day happen. I'll have to check

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

#8 Postby ankurs » Jul 17, 2010 5:04 am

FZee wrote:Narr i can 100mbps is best i can afford now.
250mbps is next to impossible to afford.

Yes i'm dedicated too.

Not sure how many file downloads a day happen. I'll have to check

you either need to upgrade your port or need to speed limit your users


Return to “XFileSharing Pro”