CommuniMail - Extra features

rogersjr

Extra features

#1 Postby rogersjr » Aug 23, 2006 12:13 pm

Communimail is an excellent program. It is reliable and has some great features such as tracking. In addition the authors did as they claimed and provided excellent support.

I would like 2 extra features.

1 - automatic notification when a new subscriber joins the list.
2 - tracked addresses to be listed in the order that they opened the newsletter

If someone modifies the program to do one or both of the above before the authors do so, please let me know by posting a reply to this message.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Extra features

#2 Postby admin » Aug 24, 2006 5:39 am

rogersjr wrote:Communimail is an excellent program. It is reliable and has some great features such as tracking. In addition the authors did as they claimed and provided excellent support.

I would like 2 extra features.

1 - automatic notification when a new subscriber joins the list.

If someone modifies the program to do one or both of the above before the authors do so, please let me know by posting a reply to this message.
Hello,

thanks for your inquery.
Have several questions about these features.

1. Who should receive notification? User, who joining newsletter, already getting email notification and should activate his subscription. Or you mean that admin should receive such notification?

2. That's not a problem at all.

Thanks again.

rogersjr

#3 Postby rogersjr » Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

I would like the admin to be advised when a new member joins. In our situation we need to know that a new member may be paying a membership fee.

User

#4 Postby User » Dec 13, 2006 2:23 pm

I like the number 1 idea, this will help a great deal.

Also maybe a feature where you can customise the contact fields (add/edit/delete).

donb01

#5 Postby donb01 » Feb 02, 2007 12:26 am

I would agree with notifying the Admin user when someone signs up.

I would like to be able to specify my own 'Thank you for subscribing' page URL rather than have the one that pops up and has no links back to my site - and besides, that one gives the user a link to try and login to the mail system - who needs that?

Same thing with specifying my own URL for the signup confirmation page. I would like to keep my user within the site framework if possible.

This program definitely works great once you get the hang of it!

rogersjr

#6 Postby rogersjr » Feb 20, 2007 10:43 pm

To my earlier request asking that

you replied "That's not a problem at all."

Does that mean that there is an easy solution?

brohendesign

#7 Postby brohendesign » Feb 22, 2007 5:46 am

Comments for Additions or Updates:

1) Create a document attachment section for those located within the root directory or subfolders...not on the user's pc (if possible).

2) Allow for editable and/or customizable forms and documents such as adding pictures/images/logos, and giving the ability to make changes to the original document, which makes that change perm to every document copy created by CommuniMail. Looking through the forums, I have not found that answer as of yet.

3) Ability to change text on the subscribe and unsubscribe forms. Currently, the form only gives a link to log into the mailadmin acct, which normal users do not need this link! I see that already mentioned within this forum.

4) Provide more options within each form such as: First Name, Last Name, Email, Confirm Email instead of supplying two different email addresses ensuring that they match...or giving that option for both types, making the Prefix / State / Country a drop menu instead of having someone type all of the data in which will make it easier for the user filling out the form.

5) Simply explain in more detail of what each field is used for, what each form does, what the wizard can and will do. The more information or explanation you can provide to the admin people who may not know much of what this program can do would only help out so much better. I did know that the wizard will take you through all of the windows until finally clicking on it and following the pages. Explain each page and how to use it on each form instead of only in the README document. It makes it easier to see it on the form instead of switching from one document to the other just to read something.

I really like this program because it actually works, but if I didn't know anything about coding or about CGI scripts, I would not have been able to make this work. I would suggest making it easier for your purchasing users. But hey, great job with this program and I can't wait to see the release of the latest versions.

One last question, will your newest release be free for the owners of your previous versions with proof of purchase, or will there be a minimal fee?

Thanks again!
Brohendesign

brohendesign

An Extras Idea

#8 Postby brohendesign » Apr 04, 2007 4:33 am

Could you add the following feature:

Add a "Check All" box for the Active subscribers which will check every inactive subscriber instead of having the admin person have to go through and check each box individually in every list that they have.

I'm not complaining, but I spent nearly 30 min going through and checking each box for each new subscriber in order to activate them in every list.

walle

Re: An Extras Idea

#9 Postby walle » Apr 17, 2007 11:56 pm

brohendesign wrote:Could you add the following feature:

Add a "Check All" box for the Active subscribers which will check every inactive subscriber instead of having the admin person have to go through and check each box individually in every list that they have.

I'm not complaining, but I spent nearly 30 min going through and checking each box for each new subscriber in order to activate them in every list.
Please add this feature!!

walle

#10 Postby walle » Apr 18, 2007 11:27 am

donb01 wrote:I would agree with notifying the Admin user when someone signs up.

I would like to be able to specify my own 'Thank you for subscribing' page URL rather than have the one that pops up and has no links back to my site - and besides, that one gives the user a link to try and login to the mail system - who needs that?

Same thing with specifying my own URL for the signup confirmation page. I would like to keep my user within the site framework if possible.

This program definitely works great once you get the hang of it!
I'm a new user who is also bumping my way through the program.. I think you can edit those screens / pages..

Using your html editor look in your Templates folder look for "signup_conf.html - it is a table layout - leave the place holders alone.. you can put a link back to your home page or any other info you want..

If your not sure what your editing save the original with .old extension so you can go back to it if needed.